View Single Post
Old 4 May 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3069500)   #21
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Beautiful

I think that Senna might have fullfilled his contract with Williams, but seeing more and more "Ecclestonisation" of the sport, he might leave F1 for CART/IndyCar in 1996. Senna stays in CART until 1999/2000, before he does one last attempt at Formula One, or he just retires in Brazil and becomes a politician.

At least his legacy lives on in case of increased safety measures in this sport. But unfortunately, the fight still has to go on, as seen with recent deaths over the last months.
I like the theory.

My take is that had he lived, Ayrton would've struggled to make up the gap in '94 but it would've been a cracking spectacle. I also doubt Schuey would've been forced to sit out those races for the alleged plank rubbish... Senna would have pushed him much harder than Damon managed.

Senna would simply have obliterated the field in 1995-97 and then either have done a 2 year swansong with Ferrari or retired.