View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2006, 08:21 (Ref:1678187)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
I still say, Mr Average in the street, likes to see 'angry cars', not wet f&rts.
I don't think it's 'angry cars' more like 'cars with character' - certainly the big snorty cars tend to have more character than some of the more 'mundane' cars but it's character that counts - the Minis always seem to be popular (and that holds true for Minis running in series like DTRC as well as the Mini only series). Your Belmont and John Cross' Focus - both big V8's but more importantly both cars have character, they're something a bit different from the norm and that's what makes them stand out.

Back to SCSA - part of the problem is that it only runs at Rockingham, I've never seen SCSA in the flesh and I'm not trekking to Rockingham to 'try it for size'. If it ventured further in my direction I might take a look - and I'm sure I'm not the only person with that view. I don't know how practical it would be to run the cars elsewhere (not very I guess) but they've got their hardcore fan base and that's not going to grow if they can't show the series off to a wider audience of 'casual' fans and hook some of them.