View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2002, 17:59 (Ref:268651)   #9
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
lee......very interesting if you don't mind me saying, but i thing i don't understand is the bit under montoya.....physical.0% what o you mean exactly? that physically he doesn't put any effort in or physically he doesn't need to?

(p.s.i agree with the rafe.desire.0%!!!! )
Well, I like Juan a lot, but in all fairness, he doesn't want to spend a lot of time jogging and weightlifting, and keep on a strict diet like Schumi does. Though he's certainly not fat, he doesn't come to the track at "fighting weight", as some have pointed out. Though he's an olympic athlete compared to the level Mansell let himself get to.

I don't think it's that important, though. There are a lot of NASCAR drivers, for instance, who get noticeably overweight and still manage to get thru 500 mile races with a blast furnace sitting right in front of them, in blazing hot summer weather in the south. Not that NASCAR drivers are anywhere near the skill level of an F1 pilot, but the physical demands of a GP at Spa and last weekend's 499-mile race at Talladega are comparable.

And before I get flack from Halfie's fans, what I'm saying is that while Ralph is happy to be competitive, he doesn't need to be competitive to be happy. He's got a good life away from the track, and racing is just the family business, and enable him to have the things he really wants. He'll take the safe points, put in his time testing, and go home.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 23 Apr 2002 at 18:05.