View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2012, 22:57 (Ref:3027756)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So.. V8Xtra was on yesterday... talking (gushing?) about the Nissan move to the series... plus introducing the changes to the season in personnel, in cars, in sponsors... Here...

... but it lacked a certain 'something'... when Mr Crompton & co went out to the Sandown pit apron to show off the cars, they got to about half way down the grid, and had to hoof it to finish off.

In this process, they largely ignored the expanded Tekno squad, the TDR & LDM squads.. JRR Ford.. all people with stories, as important to the championship fabric as the rest of them... but got their various backers ZERO teev time.

Why did it have to be in such a rush?

Would it have made more sense to segment a proper introduction like they did at Bathurst some years ago... introduce drivers & teams, change commentators for each one so it doesnt drone, sit the car inside the 360 degree train track so they can take vision of the entirity of the design of this season's rocket...

.. and maybe give incentive to the 'white' car owners to actually put some names on the side for this important media day.

Opportunity.. wasted?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods