View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2017, 03:03 (Ref:3744067)   #84
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
For example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM7VCURsoIw

You don't think that Andretti Autosport, Coyne etc lost money at Phoenix?
I'm sure they did; about half as many as did at Texas. PIR was driver error/racing incident. Texas was due to negligence on the part of the series at a place not like any other they race at. They aren't comparable.

Quote:
No one is doubting that the cost of repairing cars at Texas was expensive nor painful. My point is that the same thing happened at Phoenix and Indy.

The cash is the same for Phoenix as it was for Texas - so I am not sure why its an issue for Texas but not for Phoenix?
It was a bigger issue than the normal increased risks at Texas this year and was totally avoidable at Texas while it was simply one racing incident at PIR.

Texas is just as dangerous as Indy, for a fraction of coin and prestige of winning. Not worth it.