View Single Post
Old 13 Sep 2017, 21:02 (Ref:3766652)   #160
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by owrforever View Post
MM; I will not dispute the entertainment value of The Revival, and if that's the main objective, then I say "go for it!" But, "don't give a fig" or "neither knows nor cares," I'd like to think their interest level is a little better than that, otherwise why bother and attend?
Because they enjoy the anachronism that is Goodwood.

I have a number of friends who go who genuinely do not know about Appendix K, others who suspend belief for the time they are there.

It doesn't float my boat, but 100,000 people say I'm wrong. I bet if you added up all the historic racing "enthusiasts", racers and spectators from every "historic" race meeting outside the Silverstone Classic the Revival would outnumber them. Clearly the mass market doesn't worry about historical accuracy.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk