View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2016, 19:29 (Ref:3676816)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
2-Series for me, or the Z5 I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
John Hindhaugh in PLM commentary more or less confirmed that it will be a new car based on 7 Series platform, as far as he knows. Z5 will be convertible only.

Exactly as Mike E said, Toyota apparently has the exclusive use of the platform as a coupe so a Z5 GTE car would be unlikely. It sounds like the return of the 8 series is more what BMW has in mind. I'm thinking a similar thing to the NSX as a hybrid streetcar with them playing the rules to make a GTE engine out of it. Course at the same time Hindy also made it sound like they were working on an LMP1 car if I'm remembering correctly through the sun and beer induced fog