View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2017, 07:40 (Ref:3757140)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As you say the Group C cars are unique so I'm not surprised they get small grids. Another point made by Peter Baker was the timing for the race at the Classic. It ran late in the day and maybe the drivers/owners felt that they'd rather be relaxing at that time of the day. Hence fewer entries.

The Supertourers were always going to struggle due to the complexity of the cars. This was when touring cars moved from "showroom spec" to higher levels of technology. It must take some effort to run these cars compared to a Group A, Group 2 or Group 1 car. Perhaps Jason M can enlighten us?

Hence the mixed grid made up of the other categories. That said, I'm told the race was entertaining.