View Single Post
Old 19 May 2006, 00:57 (Ref:1613885)   #16
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
This was my first time seeing the Rolex series "in the flesh" and I have to say that I was very entertained. I still think they're goofy little cars, but it's great racing. People get too caught up in the ALMS vs. Rolex concept, whereas they should see that far from being two sides of the same coin, it's not even the same currency! The Rolex series is very "American" and the rules make for tight racing with more down-to-earth technology. It's not a technological expose, unlike ALMS, but that's never really been something American audiences value.
I'm sorry, I must have been at a different race. I kept nodding off at the interminable yellows, and everytime there was a green (until they had a linkage problem), AJR ran away from the field. Close racing, indeed. The only way that race was close was that idiotic driving limited green flag racing to just 79 minutes out of two hours and 45 minutes.

Perhaps you are just very easy to entertain. "American"? What, because they bash each other all over the track instead of racing? Embarassing.