View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 12:50 (Ref:3720162)   #42
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I see they went WTCC style with the cooling duct.

Wish the V8 engine was still available. Would be neat to have two spec powerplant options.
The engines aren't spec at all. While 2.0T is the only engine formula that's allowed, the engines are indeed manufacturer-specific from what I understand.

Season Preview 2017

Looks like 8 cars in GTC (2 Audis, 4 BMWs, 2 VWs) and 8 for GTC2, i.e. the former production class. 6 Golfs and 2 Minis in there for now, but apparently there's a Honda on the way too. The top class might also see a mid-season addition as there is a new car in build by a privateer - going by some comments on their facebook site, that could be a Ford.

Not sure where this series is going right now... 16 cars is the bare minimum for it to be considered even remotely credible, but they are managing this and might get up to 18 or more during the year.

The elephant in the room is of course TCR, which was announced about one year after the plans for the GTC-series were made public... Maybe that would work as an in between class?