View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2017, 14:17 (Ref:3723513)   #1572
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Yeah, this whole thing is confusing - it seems to be a very half hearted approach towards adopting the successful standard elsewhere, whilst also trying to stay close to a format which took off a couple of years ago (but before that had maybe seemed a little stale).

I don't envy their choice, but I'd be curious to know if anyone is particularly delighted by the current set up of split formats. Maybe I'm wrong and the customers (both sponsors and amateur drivers) are perfectly happy with it.
I think you'll find more people wishing the series would have kept the solo races as the primary for the schedule. I like SprintX, but wish it would have been kept a separate championship and not incorporated into the "overall champion" like it is now. After this year I think the series is going to have a big choice to make. If SprintX is successful, just adopt full Blancpain Sprint Rules and have it be the series going forward. OR, go back to traditional solo races for the primary. Combining the two into one overall championship is not ideal imo.