Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3768652)   #3051
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
This is the video I got of the Acura DPi down in Sebring today. The car sounds pretty good, maybe like a cross between the Nissan DPi and Ford GT. Not really loud but kind of "airplaney"*.

It mostly just did a couple laps at a time and then to the pits for awhile. It spun out in turn 3 and then was in the pit for at least 45 minutes when I left. Might be having some new car braking issues as you can see in the video the car fishtailing into the hairpin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJoWleEyVTo
When it comes to testing vids at Sebring here is the guy you want to subscribe to. ^ Thanks again Mr. Turtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I'm not sold on that Acura being good looking at all. Hopefully some minor tweaks will bring more appeal out. Also not the most exciting sound. But despite these Debbie downer comments, I am extremely excited to see them next year and the DPi class overall will be awesome. Thanks for the video!
If you think it's ugly then they probably nailed the design language. We kind of knew what it would sound like and it's not bad. Not inspiring either, but it's Penske so that makes it cool on principle.