View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3787468)   #36
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The grid girl they had on the show was exactly that - a fan who saw it as a way of getting involved in motorsport. She is also a full season grid girl for a BTCC team, and definitely sees herself as part of the team in BTCC, but not as included on the F1 grid.
i wonder whether the team feel like she's a part of it. glad she gets something out of her work other than frostbite, but i have a feeling she's paid more than some of the weekend day rate folk actually working on the cars...

worked one event where my employers uses grid/promotional girls. chose to work anything other than that series again for that reason. they were a pain in the backside - took up our seating space in the truck, stank the trailer out, and wore dresses with a miniscule logo on. either the brand was embarassed to have them, or they're terrible at marketing. no leaflets to hand out, nothing. i don't think anyone other than us would have noticed if they weren't there. in their defence, they did realise they were an inconvenience but so are the data engineers, and they do at least make the tea

as a follow up: pro tip to any grid girls. if you want to feel a part of a team, bring a couple of packs of digestives and make tea in your downtime instead of hanging out in the bogs touching up your makeup talking loudly about your darren. it's not your job but even the grumpiest of old farts won't turn down a brew.