View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3787573)   #40
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It is just demeaning to women.
I'm fairly ambivalent about grid people, but most of the arguments seem to ignore what the girls think. If the women doing it thought it was demeaning, would they do it? I have no idea as I am not a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
WEC Lemans Pre-Grid 2017

I think there are 4 women including Maria S in the photo, such inclusion.

Guess she should not be there as she is purely promotional in this setting.

In that picture, in that year, it could also be argued that the inclusion of Webber was purely promotional as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
I think the issue with grid (and podium) girls in the first instance is the dress or lack thereof they are made to nearly wear.
I didn't realise these girls were forced to go almost naked against their will. I thought that would be illegal.

I like the sentiment of having the average Joe or Jane promote sponsor's products but most companies want their products displayed in the most positive way. Unfortunately the way the world is at the moment, sex and beauty sells products. This is slowly changing, maybe not fast enough for some.

As an aside I work in an industry that supplies hotels and pubs. Some of these employ women (and about 2 that employ men) to wear scanty clothing. I have spoken to some of these ladies and they like their job and many of the patrons seem to as well. Who am I to tell them they shouldn't do it because because it makes other people uncomfortable?

That being said, I am old and maybe my way of looking at it is going the way of the dinosaurs.