View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:50 (Ref:3302515)   #46
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
NASCAR should really give this a rest! It's almost like they believe that team orders is a Euro racing phenomina that's never happened here in the states or in NASCAR. Well the, Brian, Mike, John and Robin are either really naive or really freakin' stupid!

My solution: dump the chase, come up with a points system that gives the top 5 or top 10 finishers the lion's share of the points (sort of like the WEC or F1's points system), and stop giving points to teams that finish below a certain position. In the past, I wouldn't have advocated such a system, as I felt that there was nothing wrong with the Bob Latford points system and a season-long championship. But NASCAR's made a hole for themselves here, and they're the only ones who can fix it.

I only wish that the Feds would find some impropiety with NASCAR so they can arrest or sue Brian France.

Too many people are too invested in something that we all knew would happen sooner or later, and it's time for people on all sides to either get over it and move on, or, maybe find another sport to be a fan of. It all goes back to my comments on the 6 hours of COTA being televised on FS1, and what I'll be doing that Sunday...

And I'm surprised that more people aren't accusing HMS and Jimmie for staging that caution when Johnson bit the wall, since it's just a convenient coincidence that that same yellow helped get Jeff back on the lead lap.

I'm almost to the point where NASCAR should just declare all 12 chase sports null and void, and just run Richmond all over again.