View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 13:27 (Ref:3771770)   #6
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it will take those guys threatening to pull out for IMG to do something. IMG can't afford to let those guys go. Of course, IMG could always pull the plug themselves and let it collapse. Something would always be around to replace it.

One positive of this mini boom is that there are so many top spec rallycross cars on the market now. ERX field is full of reject WRX cars. Cars that 5 years ago would be winning the old ERC. For this reason we see a lot of drivers competing in the ERX and in Scandinavia and for this reason I don't think there's much concern about the future of rallycross in general.

The Lites have been good this year for one reason: bigger fields. Entries of up to 20 gives the heats purpose and makes racing better. Raymond is in a class of one though. I'd love Lutes to be RWD though. Be more fun to watch, as they seem to be on rails at times.

S1600 entries have been consistently full (30 cars) with up to 5 cars on a reserve list. Happy struggling. They should raise the limit to 35 and put them in more rounds.