View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2003, 01:33 (Ref:715795)   #39
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not so sure that they want to change the format or formula of racing that Pook has been promoting. Yes, CART has lost lots of money this year, but changing the product may not be what they have in mind. I expect a shorter schedule next year as much as I hate that. I know a racing league isn't exactlly like a corporation, but a lot of times the company tries to maintain their product and change the way they go about producing the product. They cut staff and any waist that they can. They cut the underperforming sectors, that's why I think we will loose a few races next year. They concentrait on the core strengths and try to rebuild. I work for a company that has been operating at a loss for two years. There have been a lot of internal changes and we are on track to turn a modest profit next year. We still have the same product line. Aside from one guy loking out for himself and not the common good, I think there are a group of very careful,inteligent, and wealthy people who like racing and are working to keep CART alive and make it thrive.