View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2001, 12:39 (Ref:160058)   #1
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodwood - Autosport Lying?

Did anyone just see the 1 hour programme on C4 about Goodwood revival? If you read the Autosport report on the revival, and Marcus Pyes comments in pit and paddock you were left with the impression that Justin Law was some sort of pariah and that Willie Green was upset with Justins driving. Well having watched the post race interviews on the telly Justin and Willie are stood together and they are being extremely amicable... in fact Willie commends Justin for his performance. Later in the show Gerry Marshall is also full of praise for Justin after their exciting dice. These two respected members of the historic racing scene are just that RACERS and thus recognise a fellow racer. It really annoys me that Marcus Pye can print exactly what he wants about drivers, and sully their reputations. I hope Jusin and Don Law complained to Autosport, because that is some of the most biased journalism I have ever witnessed, especially given the actual amount of bonhommie between the drivers after the event. Pye is just a sore loser, who is not up to the job on or off the track.

Absolutely wicked footage though - I want a Lotus Cortina so much!! And Barry Sheene timed his bike win perfectly, he looked on a different plain.

Last edited by John Turner; 7 Feb 2006 at 14:04.