Old 5 Jan 2009, 22:50 (Ref:2365944)   #27
Delbert
Racer

United Kingdom
Gatwick
Delbert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
Simon may i correct you on 1 point ( prepared to have sand kicke dback in my face and cook a Pie or should i make that a Pye! if wrong)

B19 car had closed cockpit over passenger seat and roll hoops where not full lwidth in rules ( see lola T290) rear wheel body work open
B21 had to be open cockpit over passenger seat full cockpit width rroll hopp rule implemented but rear wheel arch bodywork open

B23 as above BUT rear wheel arch bodywork HAD to be coverd in so rain/ dirt etc could not fly out hence B23 has a bolt on body piece to the tail very neat where as the t292 lola had it all moulded in with rear wing but T290 cars cobbled up any old plate they had to fit their cars

I also understad that in 72 we had a change in tyres as slicks came along and some cars run the treaded tyre some tried slicks these had different side wall heights ad as ssuch had a bearing on rear wishbone lengths camber castor ride height and this is where the B19 to 21 would also have been "modified"
now what i want to know IS there a difference in B19 chassis to b21
The b16 as we know IS different hnce why 5 b16 cars get stripped down of core componnents ie engine gearbox uprights brakes wheels etc and fitted to new chassis body wishbone

i now take 2 steps back and wait for the fall out!
Driftwood - I didn't think I would be able to tell you anything about these things! But the differences between B19 and B21 chassis is that the B19 has a narrower central member between the "seats" about 3" wide. The B21 was made wider (rules and Regs I believe) about 5". The side pods on the B21 are narrower than the B19 to accomodate the wider centre section without increasing the overall width.

Nice to see you the other day. I may be interested in one of your pit tool boxes.