Thread: Chevron B21
View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2367179)   #31
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield
A pedant writes, as far as I am aware all B19s had full width 'hoops (except the 16s/19 prototype) and in the full international Group Six races in 1972 all cars, 312PBs, Alfas, Chevrons had the rear wheels covered in behind. The 2 litre series did seem to leave them open - I wonder why the rule should be different at the same time? And that was more than one point so look forward to my pie........
Conjoined pedant here. In 1972 Groups 5( Sports Cars) and 6 (Prototype Sports Cars) from 1971 became Group 5, known as Sports Cars,Group 5, however cars of 1971 Group 5 were allowed to continue in the new Group 5 even if they did not comply with the 1972 Group 5 regulations-are you following this?
The 1972 Gp 5 regulations required, from 1st April, that ''an opaque and non flexible part of the coachwork must extend downwards behind the rear wheelsof the car to 20cm minimumfrom the ground and cover the entire width of the rear wheels and tyres''
The waiver for the opening in the bodywork, 1972 required symmetry, was not extended so all cars had to have a symmetrical non covered opening for 1972.
Shall I go on?