View Single Post
Old 1 May 2017, 22:06 (Ref:3730447)   #10
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm no longer around in the West-Europe area but with only 30 cars for this once classic sportscar race I would have passed the opportunity. Long gone are the ELMS/ILMC days with 50 or so cars at the start and no break to get your eyes off the track - a blue flaggers dream!
A large part of me agrees - Spa deserves to have the sort of vast grids we saw ten or so years ago, but it's still the single most jaw dropping track I've ever had the privilege to walk around.

Started shoving things into the back of the car today ready for an early off Thursday morning - fully expect it to be the sort of brilliant trip it generally is. Now main dilemma is to think about soundtrack for the drive (currently planning on taking a southerly route past Valenciennes, then tacking east through Maubeuge and on through to Spa) - suggestions welcome!