View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2006, 06:26 (Ref:1704730)   #75
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Words cannot describe how i feel right now. It's honestly one of (if not the worst) feelings i've ever had, and the worst news flash i've ever heard.

It is truly sad that he has been taken, as there were certainly years of racing left in brocky. Bathurst this year will be a strange and alien experience. As has been said before, like Steve Irwin, he left us doing wht he enjoyed and did best, but still, it is truly unbeleiveable and horrific that he had to leave at all.

My best memory of brocky occured at Indy in 1996 - Brocky was racing the Volvo 850 super tourer, and was standing next to the car, in the queue of the competitors to go out onto the circuit. As always, Brocky was surrounded by a group of guys wanting to have a chat, but when he saw me (aged 8 at the time) with a letter for him in my hand (i wrote him a thankyou letter for signing an HRT poster for me which my parents had organised as a christmas present). Brocky excused himself from the group of guys, came over and sat down with me, read the letter and had a chat. In fact the officials had to tell him to get in the car for the race! But as he got in the car (still with the letter in his had) he stuck it in his race suit and did the race with it in the car! It was the happiest i had ever been in all of my 8 years of age!

All of the stuff people had said over the past year or so about his personal life is completely insignificant now. I'll remember Peter for his amazing exploits on the track(particulary his last race at lakeside in 1997 - last time i saw him race at the track), and that moment at indy - and how approachable he was. And i'm sure everyone would agree that that is what he'll be remembered for.

Condolences to Peter's family and friends.

Rest in Peace Brocky, we'll miss you. Hopefully you are somewhere now winning races.

Last edited by M-Kart; 8 Sep 2006 at 06:28.