View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3047481)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, by all means drive a "hot hatch" at an advanced age but for the love of god make it one that has decent build qualities and is money well spent.

as a current owner, i object to the audi s3 being called a hot hatch, it's far more refined than that! it's as jekyll and hyde as the bigger rs- versions and i'm still totally stunned at just how much car i've got for my money with it. one minute i'm driving a nice stable long distance car, the next i've just done 90mph round a challenging corner and it didn't bat an eyelid. sometimes i wish it wasn't quite so keen to tell me exactly what was going on on the road surface (particularly on the a14) but it's a small complaint.

on the other hand i've had a clio 172 and it's somewhere between a trackday car and a sunday car for a bit of fun on a budget. there's no way you can just sit back on a motorway, engage cruise control and just enjoy the drive because it's all involving, all the time.

for me, a grown-up "hot hatch" is one that you can rag senseless and have a really rewarding driving experience from, and then just have a nice normal comfortable drive in too.