View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2280183)   #44
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
As I said earlier higher power to grip ratio = exciting racing for everyone = more interest from spectators = more interest from manufacturers.

That´s my firm belief and I think it would be quite possible for, for example, DTC and STCC to come up with something like this without it becoming to expensive.
Agreed. Although the involvement of Pratt and Miller, who are at least right now married to GM, might be a problem for interested manufacturers.
I can't see BMW or Audi authorizing the use of their name on their car that has literarly ZERO connection to their roadcars. So this will either lead to Opels racing Chevys or to the same unauthorized silhouettes without proper manufacturer recognition that V8STAR had to use.

As for the costs: Riley technologies -who are one of the other usual suspects you go to in America for tubeframe cars - sell their Daytona Prototype for 403k $ without engine. They produce however a trackday-version of the car that is for sale for "only" 165k $.
If P&M can do a similar amount of cost-cutting for a chassis that runs without competition, these cars might become a real bargain. The current exchange rate for the dollar would help even more.