United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Jason is that you?
I bloody hope not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
He's not the most exciting or dramatic to watch, but if I had a team I don't think there's a guy I'd prefer to have driving for me. He hugely consistent, not hard on the cars, doesn't pick up a lot of damage (or penalties), provides intelligent, knowledgeable feedback and comes across as a model pro.

He is, to the BTCC, what Ford are to the car industry. If you want flamboyance (Plato, Jackson, Shedden) buy an Alfa, if you want something that you know will do a job, be reliable, enjoyable and decent on the eye you get a Ford...or a Turkington in this case!
Good analogy (though as a Ford owner not sure I totally agree ). Like I say, he's a good consistent driver, but just does nothing for me. I still remember watching Jackson in his family run BMW at Croft driving the nuts off the thing and being on the edge of my seat (I don't think he even won but he tried damn hard), similarly watching Shedden clinch his titles, fighting for every position. Yet I have no memories of Colin doing anything special. Even when he won his titles I can't remember how or when he managed it. I felt the same about Tordoff, technically a great driver but in a sport that's as much about entertainment as pure skill then these guys seem more suited to GT and endurance events where pitch perfect performances land wins.