Old 13 Aug 2017, 07:04 (Ref:3759107)   #697
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
I don't think you know what you are talking about
READ what I said. Its in the sentence. SOME HAVE TALENT FOR V8 SUPERCARS OTHERS DONT. Just because they don't cut in V8s doesn't mean they don't have talent. Stanaway will do well but a year in development will be beneficial. I can guarantee there will be comments hear next year if he does make it bashing him for not being on pace, yet didn't want him in a development phase. Its clear that some people love to bash rookies. Its evident all have some form of pay to their teams, even Lowndes, Whincup and SVG pay with their sponsors, but just because you pay, doesn't mean you have talent, which is what people here are ignoring and think the likes of Wall and Blanchard have talent for V8 Supercars; THEY DONT. Money speaks, most of the drivers this year I see are proving their worth, doesn't have to be in results like a lot of naïve people think. BJR, PRA, GRM are all benefiting with the element of experience. Something that if the sponsors are happy amounts to more then a result. There has been a lot of knocking towards Jason Bright, yet the fact that he qualifies within a second of the leader, and can run the car without a crash. Yes he crashed in Symmons, and may I mention, ON A DAMP TRACK WITH SLICKS. The best of the best crash, should SVG retire for crashing into Tander, NO. Should Whincup retire for hitting McLaughlin last year, NO. The point is racing drivers will push to the absolute limit, if you aren't you should just give up. When you push the limits, mistakes happen. Some errors are stupid. I haven't seen Bright make a stupid error and crash into another, but crashed when doing his job, BEING A RACE DRIVER. These people don't get paid half a million dollars to drive like an old Grandpa or Grandma, or worse like a bogan. They deserve credit, which a lot haven't scored yet. Another driver I have seen cop it from the 'I've never touched a race car but watched it on TV' people has been Simona. She is a highly talented driver, yet she cops it because (this is the most RIDICULOUS excuse given we are in 2017) she is female. ANYONE WHO USES THAT, TAKE A WOOD PLANK AND KNOCK YOURSELF ( I haven't see it hear, but it does exist in other places, and going to QR recently I heard people in the pitlane, random people, which might I add have 2 missing teeth and no idea. The fact that she hasn't had a DNF yet and is outracing others who have been in the field longer is a credit to her in itself. Yes she's 23rd, but that's with an underperforming Nissan by the teams standards coming off last year. Caruso and Rick, Nissans two lead drivers from last year are 14th and 19th respectively. Craig Lowndes, the best, second to none in driver talent (AND I DONT CARE ABOUT NUMBERS) hasn't scored a podium yet, and sits 7th. That in itself shows how hard this season is to get up the field. HE IS BY NO MEANS PAST IT. In fact I'd say he is driving better then ever to get an underperforming (A LOT) Triple 8 car up to where he is. That's not a bash at the team as they have a hell of a lot to do with the V6 and still run in title contention, so to have 3 cars in the 10 is a credit with arguably the most workload. The concern I have for Richie is if he joins the grid next year with limited V8 driving is that he will be like Bright or have worse results. If that happens, he will get destroyed by some people. The development series is a power ally for a V8 supercar up and comer. Look at Heimgartner, a bucket load of potential in that kid, and due to a combination of lack of budget, and a hammering, he didn't get a ride (DONT SAY THAT THE NAIVE PUBLIC DIDNT HAVE AN AFFECT BEAUSE IT WOULD HAVE. ITS HUMAN NATURE TO GET PUT DOWN SLIGHTLY BY STUPID PEOPLE) If anyone here says that Richie should go into the 2018 series with limited seat time and then turns around next year when he is battling a little and says he hasn't got it, look out. I'll see to it that screenshots are taken to remind anyone of this. There has been far too much driver bashing going on not just here but in a lot of places. Yes, as fans and people who are involved with teams in the sport, we are going to have some anger when something happens to those we like or are associated with. But there is no need to be a hater. I haven't seen too much hate here, but in other forums its off the scales.

On a note of the series, V8 Supercars, somehow manages to get more and more competitive year in year out, with this season the most competitive. Many records broken, some of the best racing. And some people on facebook and all the other trolling places say the series is dying. I think not, Australian motorsport in general seems to be going from strength to strength lately.

I do have knowledge on what I am talking about, if you don't believe me or be a troll I couldn't care, but my point, don't knock the drivers for bad results.

Admittedly of what I read and hear too, the majority of it isn't here, some is. But most is on the social media platforms or the V8 site itself
Notes:
BOLD is not yelling, its used for emphasis, this isn't a hostile comment, its my genuine view on what some (only a minority of the v8 community are doing) people think they can do, and its getting beyond a joke.