View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2017, 08:37 (Ref:3759698)   #2121
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
But live for traditionally the most watched rounds, that is why we have a 6 round live FTA package

7 made a massive reduction to their price for supercars when they started the 2 year deal for 2013 and 2014, you may remmber 3 teams handed their RECS back
Live for the most watched rounds - yep but again my point was (and is) that if they want to expand back to being live for all rounds on FTA, it'll be harder than if the sport was already live for all rounds on FTA. Means that any prospective network would either be relying on data from previous FTA deal or making assumptions - at which point they'd likely play it safe and not bid too high.

I thought that 7 simply offered the same deal again and with no better offer, it was accepted but that deal would have been announced 5 years ago and you may be right, my recollection may be flawed. Teams handing RECs back might be impacted in a small way only by broadcast revenue but it certainly wouldn't be the whole picture. No question the teams and Archer went for the short term gain of a better broadcast deal with Fox but also no doubt that some may be regretting it now.