View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3134923)   #12
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Sorry for being ignorant, but what exactly has happened to Formula Ford? The last thing I remember of it was being on the BTCC support bill and getting really decent grids...?
That was a few years ago. It's been dying a slow death for years but the fact that you have had a dominant chassis (Mygale) and a dominant team (Jamun) started a decline which was exacerbated by Ford inexplicably introducing the expensive carbon fibre turbo "Ecoboost" this year thereby rendering the excellent and relatively affordable Duratec cars obsolete overnight.

As far as I can see the grids this year have been pathetic, which is a real shame because in previous years there has been some great racing and some real talent in the series.

Something had to be done. Whether this is it or not I don't know, but at least it's an effort to get back to a sensible budget in a car you can run yourself. Time will tell I guess.