Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 31 May 2024, 10:08 (Ref:4211098)   #151
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
obviously to keep the grid number in double figures
Looking at those set in stone I reckon 11 at least.

Full timers.
Boardley, Newsham, Lewis, Hutchison, Marshall and Shepherd for certain in Gen Two. Alden, Kerry, Beech and Smith in Gen One

Guest: Lines

Don't know about part-time entries like Sargant.

I have a feeling that Powell didn't have a problem last time post surgery (he was at a car show doing simulator stuff on the last race day) so wouldn't count on any Sport 77 stuff.

Will the Lynk & Co eventually get out?

Didn't see any official announcement about Laidlaw, was Snett a one off? Is he doing some/all rounds?

I do worry that the championship might fall by the wayside, and I also wonder how much is being paid to WSC for the title? It's odd how there are so many TCR cars, yet they can't get a championship to work in most countries.
Old 31 May 2024, 12:24 (Ref:4211104)   #152
samchevron
Rookie

samchevron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read in a recent copy of Autosport that Bensley won't be out until Silverstone in August in his Lynk & Co & Simon Green Motorsport posted on their socials about being at Oulton after missing Snetterton.

Hopefully numbers will go up.

As for WSC, they are the rights holder to TCR. On their website, the current count is 36 approved series around the world: https://wsc.group/

On the TCR UK website, one of their articles from 2021 states that Maximum Motorsport hold a six-year licencing agreement to run TCR UK - https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/tcr-uk-beco...-championship/

Not every TCR championship is suffering though.

Italy, Spain, South America and China all have grids above 20, which seems to be the average number for a TCR series currently.

In the UK, apart from British GT, grid numbers are down in general this year, either in the BTCC or at other levels of British Motorsport.

As a racing fan and a TCR fan, I'm glad I've got something to watch each weekend.