Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 25 Aug 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2945897)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Danica to NASCAR full time.

She will be driving for JR Motorsports.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com
Old 25 Aug 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2945961)   #2
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's probably bad (though hardly unexpected) news for IndyCar PR-wise but I'm tired of watching IndyCar marketed around a decidedly mediocre driver anyway. Plus one who doesn't exactly come across as one of the more likeable personalities in the field. So goodbye Ms Patrick
Old 25 Aug 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2945972)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You might have thought a carmaker would have gotten behind Ms Patrick's new endeavours... so far its all GoDaddy.com pumping in the kazillions...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Aug 2011, 03:33 (Ref:2946062)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This has got to a plus for NASCAR and a PR blow for the IICS.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:31 (Ref:2946083)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been hoping for this for a while and I'm glad it's finally come through.

The less popular the irl is, the better and hopefully it will all collapse soon so the process of rebuilding and renewing can begin.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:37 (Ref:2946092)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I've been hoping for this for a while and I'm glad it's finally come through.

The less popular the irl is, the better and hopefully it will all collapse soon so the process of rebuilding and renewing can begin.
Errrr.. I somehow dont think so. If ChampCar were to 'collapse' with teams such as Penske and Ganassi involved.. it would not be coming back!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Aug 2011, 13:26 (Ref:2946329)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Errrr.. I somehow dont think so. If ChampCar were to 'collapse' with teams such as Penske and Ganassi involved.. it would not be coming back!
Champcar collapsed after Ganassi and Penske left. The only two teams worth anything, Forsythe and Newman/Haas couldn't prevent Champcar's demise and the IRL is in the same position as Champcar was, with only two teams that really matter, Ganassi and Penske. Just goes to show you can't run a major series based on two teams.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2946489)   #8
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll be interesting to see with whom Andretti Autosport will replace their sponsor magnet Mrs Patrick. Here's hoping she'll do better in NASCAR than Dario Franchitti.

However, it would have been interesting to see what she could have done with the new IndyCar chassis but she has opted to not do anything with it - so far.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2946513)   #9
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hooray - one less mediocre talent.
Old 31 Aug 2011, 15:24 (Ref:2948910)   #10
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Danica...but from a sporting point of view it's not a great lose...
Old 1 Sep 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2949564)   #11
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They can fill the seats I think USAC and SCCA Mazda feeder series have something but really? Danixca wont be lost as a driver in indy, honestly other than a few girls and fan boys she only made for a chicane.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2949700)   #12
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally. I'm tired of her tootling around in IndyCar - at least her in NASCAR is something new and fresh. Sort of. Replacement at Andretti will as always depend on sponsors. Following the trend of the last few years I wouldn't expect much.