Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 14 Mar 2005, 00:04 (Ref:1251203)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Go Hodge!

In what I think is a superb ride Neil Hodgson managed to get a second place finish in the Daytona superbike race this weekend.
Apparetly the 200 is now reserved for the Formula Xtreme class (!) in which the only serious competitir is Honda on a tuned up 600 which guess what Duhamle won the 200 on!
The proper race was won by Mr Mladin but Hodge was the only man to keep him honest according to the reports i have seen, and no sign of mr Bostrom either!!
Greta showing from our man but it will get tougher now on the wild tracks they have in the US, think Hodge might struglle aat some of the tracks they have out there but good result nonetheless
Old 15 Mar 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1252249)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it was a great result for hodgson & another win for mat mladin . eric bostrom came 11th....
the daytona 200 is now a formula xtreme 600 (honda,honda,honda) bike race now as they reckon the superbikes where getting too fast for the track - though they did change the track layout this season
one think i cant understand is why you would have a supersport championship & a formula xtreme 600 championship - please explain
Old 15 Mar 2005, 11:04 (Ref:1252290)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I read a feature on the idea in Racer last year! It is all about Honda basically, they wanted to do it and built a bike for the new regs and won the championship last year with Miguel because they ahd the only bike capable of winning.
I and all the riders out there dont really understand the move and I think the AMA are going to regret the decision to ally themselves with a manufacturer like this coz it looks like even this year no other maker is supporting the class as Kurtis was the only guy near Miguel and there didnt seem to be any Yams. Suzukis Kawasakis or Ducatis out there.
I cant understand why they dont upgrade the Superstock class as that is the boom class and that is where the big names have gone.
But then again why did they get rid of the superbikes anyway, everyone knows the speeds are high but you dont see the TT people suddenly saying "OK Honda you build a really quick 250 and we will make the Senior race for 250's" which is what AMA have done, totally stupid!!
And fair play to Mladin for saying "I won the biggest race and will be on the plane outta here when the supposed 200 is on"
Old 15 Mar 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1252312)   #4
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His best one was to the journalists;

'You guys have to watch it (The 200 this year), it's your job".........."68 laps, my god"
Old 15 Mar 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1252729)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately I missed the race, although I managed to catch the Formula extreme race.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1255522)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the formula xtreme race was the 200

would luv a video or dvd of mladins "one liners" to journo's over the years - that bloke aint there to please anyone but #1.... arrogant, maybe, but his record speaks for itself!