Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 29 Oct 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1140173)   #1
Carlos
Racer

England
Cumbria
Carlos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats the consensus of opinion

Was just thinking we could put a poll together and ask everyone to fill one in. we might find out what the consensus of opinion is and have a greater case to put forward for change. Here are a few questions I have thought of, if we could all add the questions we want and someone clever formulate this into a logical form. Just a thought!

1) Do you think that the amount of contact during this season was?

Acceptable - Mostly acceptable - 50/50 - Mostly unacceptable - Unacceptable

Comments

2) Do you think the amount and severity of punishment for unacceptable / dangerous driving was

Adequate - Mostly adequate - 50/50 - Mostly inadequate - inadequate

Comments

3) Do you believe that the level of scrutinizing ensures cars are legal / within the regulations

Yes - Don’t know - No

Comments

4) Do you believe the majority of cars are legal / within the regulations

Yes - Don’t know - No

Comments

5) Would you like to see weight restrictions being introduced to stock hatch?

Yes - Don’t know - No

Comments

6) Would you like to see 16 valve cars being introduced to stock hatch?

Yes - Don’t know - No

Comments

7) Would you like to see a hot hatch class introduced with 1.8 / 2 litre cars and stock hatch regulations?

Yes - Don’t know - No

Comments

Please try and give us 3 positive improvement suggestions to the sport, no thought to small or stupid.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 21:01 (Ref:1140192)   #2
mr_atspeed
Rookie

England
essex
mr_atspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) mostly exeptable
2) inadequate
3) no
4) yes
5) yes
6) no
7) yes
Old 30 Oct 2004, 01:24 (Ref:1140306)   #3
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) mostly exeptable
2) Mostly inadequate
3) no
4) yes
5) yes
6) no
7) yes

IMO the class structures need to be

Stockhatch up to 1.1 The Mini while great for juniors they will die some day

Stockhatch up to 1.6 same but go back to road tyres maybe phase in 16v when 8 valves get short on the ground but stick with the formula for the moment.

Stockhatch up to 2.0 if this get set up it should from the start be more clear in its rules about expensive parts and weights to encourage a good selection of cars. This is the way forward. sub modified has bombed and it's just time to admitt it and move on.

Super Modified 2WD why change what has been very good racing all year

Supercars 4WD euro regs will hopefully bring more drivers and an even better specticale
Old 30 Oct 2004, 09:15 (Ref:1140400)   #4
RoyG
Racer

RoyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2004 season

Most of these comments apply to the last several seasons, not just 2004.

1. Mostly acceptable - notable exceptions!!

2. Inadequate!

3. No - no checks at all in BTRDA series!

4. Being really picky (i.e. chopped wiring looms etc.) - no. But most I believe don't have serious cheats, it's just that lots of little "tweaks" are copied by other competitors and then eventually are allowed. The guy that follows the letter of the law is then disadvantaged. Example - the regs have been relaxed to allow "non-adjustable" adjustable suspension etc. which has substantially increased the cost of a really competitive car.
5. Yes to some sort of equalisation process - already included in Stock Hatch regs -
"N.B. It is the intention of the BRDA, if necessary, to equalise the perfonmance of cars. This may be done by various means including:
1. Imposing a minimum weight limit.
2. Addition of air intake restrictors.
3. Addition of engine rev. limiters.
4. Grid positioning
These changes may be imposed at any time during the season. There is no appeal against the implementation of any of the performance equalisation control measures.
It is the aim of the Stock Hatch Rallycross division to encourage close safe racing at an affordable level and the organisers will constantly monitor the cars so that the spirit of the division is maintained."

6. No - that would make all present cars obselete overnight.

7. Yes - with careful drafting of the rules this would provide the opportunity to take a step up from Stock Hatch and have a car that could compete in Div2 in SS or Europe.

Suggestions -

1. See no. 2 above - apply PROPER penalties for cr*p driving.
2. See no. 3 above - regular high-profile checking of car eligibility and prompt action on illegal mods. This should be done using the log book to make sure that all infringements, however minor, are fixed before the next meeting.
3. Start the meetings on time, reduce gaps between races to an absolute minimum - then the panic that frequently sets in towards the end of the day can be avoided. Also
everyone can then get a Final.

Sorry this is so long-winded!

RoyG
SH car 601
Old 1 Nov 2004, 17:07 (Ref:1142172)   #5
Pug620
Racer

United Kingdom
UK
Pug620 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1 50/50 not raced
2 50/50 not raced
3 no
4 Yes
5 YES
6 yes
7 Yes

I belive that the stock hatch 1.6 should stay 8v and the rules should be enforced to the book i.e not 2 1/4 suspension and should be the same design as original only uprated and engines checked for power (rolling roaded) and sealed at the begining of the season this would stop a lot of bickering if you need to rebuild the engine then it gets resealed and checked.

Then i think they should be a 2000 litre stock hatch 16v this could include more modifications like free suspension but enforce the engine/ gearbox rules this would give the top guys a class to race in and devlope their cars and after saving their money they would only need to rebuild the engine box and be able to jump up to Modifyed

Regards

Marty
Old 1 Nov 2004, 20:48 (Ref:1142345)   #6
Carlos
Racer

England
Cumbria
another question that could be asked!
would all competitors agree to a £1 entry fee increace, so a advertisement could be placed in a local paper etc.
(yes I know drivers dont directly get a return from gate fees however it could benefit the sport and therefor benefit all of us)
Old 1 Nov 2004, 20:55 (Ref:1142353)   #7
Carlos
Racer

England
Cumbria
queen
if I sort the questions gathered here and put them into a form, would you be able to help me to distribute these to all drivers and gather them in? I will get all the forms printed and collate all the results and pass them to the reps but have know way to get them out and back. Also do you and others think this is a worthwhile thing to do? I am just trying to find out what questions at the moment.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 08:48 (Ref:1144532)   #8
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Mostly acceptable
2. Inadequate
3. No (only safety checks)
4. Yes (mostly)
5. Yes
6. No
7. Yes
Old 4 Nov 2004, 16:47 (Ref:1144867)   #9
bucko
Racer

United Kingdom
Bucks
bucko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
driver's sum up your rallyx season

so now the season is over. how was your season in a few words no slagging though there's enough of that on here , mine full of break downs but my best meeting was btrda meeting at brands car run faultless for once although i was miles behind.worse meeting croft 2 laps and a blown engine .
Old 4 Nov 2004, 16:55 (Ref:1144876)   #10
Grahame West
Racer

Scotland
Fife
Grahame West should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Season over? Still Rallyx grand prix to come and what about ralyx winter series mentioned elsewhere on ten tenths?
Old 4 Nov 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1145059)   #11
mr_atspeed
Rookie

England
essex
mr_atspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had some "UPS" and downs..lol, the best up is yet to come!!
Old 5 Nov 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1145368)   #12
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quite a few highs, but the lows are very low.
The car has been covered for a while so we don't see the damage from Brands. Chance to save up for the repair bill and start all over again............ Maybe!!!!!
Old 5 Nov 2004, 11:30 (Ref:1145456)   #13
sihorton
Racer

England
up north, aka lancashire
sihorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This first season has been very eventful to say the least.

I was pleased with my final position in the table (9th) and hope to improve on that next season.

The car and myself have been quick, but 2 big mid season accidents at blyton dented confidence a bit, but getting back to on the pace now.

I was suprised how well the yokohama tyres have lasted, i have just used 6 all season, and there is still tread on them!

I also have to say that i was suprised how helpful everyone in the pit was during the season and i say a big thanks to everyone who lent a hand at some point.

With regards next year, I will be doing some of the winter series and all of next seasons btrda events. Same car and same driver :-)

si

www.hortonracing.co.uk

Last edited by sihorton; 5 Nov 2004 at 11:31.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1145586)   #14
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bit of irish input here :P irish rallycross.

Last weekend marked my first year in motorsport (yey), ive had my little moment of fame (2nd in class in my first rallysprint), however the year has not panned out like i hoped..

The rallysprints provided me with alot more confidence and time in the car over the christmas in preperation for the irish rallyx championship. Round one started off extreamly good for me, In Practice the car had been preforming much better than it had ever done! My practice runs were as fast as some of the class leaders.

My moment of glory ended shortly after the start. Heat 1 second row on the outside of george tohill, lights went green i was paralell to george into rallycross 1 but the car suddenly lost power and started missfiring badly (this had happened before at a rallyspring, on the same cylinder but it lasted only a minute) so i changed up a gear to bring the rpm down again just to cruise till it went out of it, turned into the hole-in-the-headge and missfired very badly then bang and clunk. End of race for me.

round two was not impressive either, a new engine (running standard) but big problems with power in the engine, no power at all between 1500 and 4500 rpm and even after 4500rpm - 7250rpm there was power but not great... for mondello it ment painfully slow laptimes.

Round 3 saw another gremlin slip itself into the works, more camber on the front wheels and uniboil bottom arms tightened up the front suspension that bit more, but had consistant break failure and fade. Leading to my nearly big accident at hole inthe hedge (some sight from the grandstand im told, peespeed would you have anything on that, i know con has me in the barrer afterwards...?)

So, a long break waiting for the championship return, more problems with the new engine and ancinerys ment that i had to miss the october 24th irish round making me loose my 6th in class place. The car is not back yet, but its suppose to be back on saturday in line for the rallysprint on sunday.

Plans for next year:

Well, we have thought about doing some british rounds, but because of the Euro to Sterling conversion its not viable for us to race in the uk next year, however my ultimate aim is to get an entry for brandshatch .

Looking further a field to doing the german european rallycross event in a div 1a/2 car it would be nice to have a change of scenery and driving position!

Also been looking at doing a round of the Polo GTi Cup in germany, prices for a race weekend are surprisingly good for what you get...

(whats the story with the winter series, what licence grade would an irish competitor need and what sort of entry fees?)

http://www.mobonline.net - whach this space

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 5 Nov 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1145763)   #15
Carlos
Racer

England
Cumbria
Nat B liscence
£150 entry

I think
Old 5 Nov 2004, 20:40 (Ref:1145772)   #16
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hmm about 220 euro so, hmm will bear that in mind

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 5 Nov 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1145777)   #17
Carlos
Racer

England
Cumbria
any more questions to add?
Old 5 Nov 2004, 23:39 (Ref:1145881)   #18
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes the season is almost over just the GP/int cup at croft & the wildtracks november meeting to go. The winterseries starts next years calander.
The season for me has been really great fun six BTRDA events & three BRC events. The atmosphere in the paddock has been brilliant especially at the clubman meetings whatever the weather (SNOW Croft RAIN!!!!!!! Pembrey) and as for Brands Hatch sunburn in october?

Thanks to all the marshalls, organisers,& fellow competitors.

I am now going to save up (money & brownie points) ready to start all over again in January. Probably BTRDA again but if I can Squeeze a little more speed out of my little car who knows.
Old 6 Nov 2004, 09:28 (Ref:1146001)   #19
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of a mixed season for me.
The lowest point being when My engine went bang at blyton and it taking 3 months to sort a new one.
My highest being winning all 3 heats and final at winter Lydden Meeting and racing at Brands Hatch, Brilliant.
Old 7 Nov 2004, 19:18 (Ref:1146856)   #20
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have merged these threads as they are about the same thing in the end.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 19:19 (Ref:1152616)   #21
Cap't
Rookie

Cap't should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BrumBrum, could you please enlighten me as to who the REPS are that are getting £££££ from the BRDA. If you do not name them how can we ask them the question as you suggest
Old 13 Nov 2004, 22:35 (Ref:1152735)   #22
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BRUMBRUM. I have pulled your post due to the fact that your posting was slanderous. Yes you are allowed an opinion but please do not make accusations against people with out facts to back them up. I have let the clerk's of the forum know. If they believe your coments are ok they will re-instate your posting.

Last edited by Queen; 13 Nov 2004 at 22:38.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 22:44 (Ref:1152739)   #23
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Having had a look at the post, I think we would need evidence that this information is correct - in the form of account details - before we could allow the post to stand.

I assume that the BRDA will publish year end accounts - it should be clear at that point whether this is correct.
Old 14 Nov 2004, 16:52 (Ref:1153270)   #24
Cap't
Rookie

Cap't should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats the reason I asked for the names as I am a drivers rep and have seen the accounts upto this year so far and no mention of payments to any drivers reps
Old 14 Nov 2004, 19:17 (Ref:1153380)   #25
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is Enterprise financed by BRDA. If so what is BRDA's explanation for transfering funds to Enterprise. How come you know these details Brum.