Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Jun 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3422226)   #1
David Owen
Racer

David Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRSCC Cadwell Park 14/15 June - THANK YOU

Thanks to all the Marshals, Rescue, Safety and Recovery crews for helping make the BRSCC two day Cadwell Park race meeting go so smoothly - from OUR side. Yesterday tested us and we came through unscathed. Starting one race behind today and getting to almost the end within the existing timetable was a great feat. Shame the Mazdas conspired to seriously test that in the final race with TWO red flags, firstly on the startline and secondly at post 5 (who combined with post 12 got hit 3 times today - I'm sure it's nothing personal folks!)). Fortunately drivers and marshals are relatively OK -though the Circuit Crew (sorry guys) have sonme serious repair work to do before tomorrow's track day (2" deep x 4" long gash in the tarmac for starters). So serious thanks to everyone concerned. Here's hoping next weekend's HSCC Wolds Trophy is a little less taxing!
Old 15 Jun 2014, 21:39 (Ref:3422295)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
By any standards that was an interesting meeting! Who says motor racing is a non-contact sport? The driver who hit the Armco in exactly the same place three times in a day showed consistency if nothing else. . . It was good to see the Metro driver who had the big impact at the Hairpin on Saturday out racing on Sunday & finishing third in the first race; I suspect he was pleased that the race was postponed from Saturday.

Thanks to BRSCC for the barbecue. . . the Lincolnshire sausage is a truly wondrous beast!

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Cadwell this year - we'll be back!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3422422)   #3
ron1902
Racer

England
england
ron1902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brscc fanatical fiestas and madzdas never fail to find the scenery.busy on 20 having to go help ben on 19 untangle 2 fiestas (must be the fiesta mating season)and rebuild reticel..interesting ballet moment with spinnig mazda coming down towards us.all in all a great day of brscc mayhem
Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3422522)   #4
Mark Noble
Racer

England
Warrington
Mark Noble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post

Thanks to BRSCC for the barbecue. . . the Lincolnshire sausage is a truly wondrous beast!
Steady, Dave!

A fantastic weekend with some great racing as we visited on the NW rescue unit. Everybody ok after last mazda race, I think the aftermath made it look worrse. Chatting to the marshals on the post it was good to hear you were essentially ok, if a little 'woken up'. Do remember your contacts should you need to talk anything through...it was a violent one.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3422563)   #5
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great time for my first ever visit to Cadwell Park. Post 8 on Saturday and post 16 on Sunday.

After my nightmare 5 hour journey up on Friday I was dreading the return trip last night, but amazingly I managed it in 3 1/2 hours!

Hope to return again but not sure I can do it this year.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 18:45 (Ref:3422711)   #6
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be gentle with us Mark when Northern visit on the 28th.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 08:34 (Ref:3422929)   #7
Mark Noble
Racer

England
Warrington
Mark Noble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Howarth View Post
Be gentle with us Mark when Northern visit on the 28th.
We will try. A quiet day would be good!
Old 17 Jun 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3422968)   #8
Redragon
Rookie

Wales
Loughborough
Redragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had my 1st weekend at here at the weekend post 19 Saturday plenty to do and post 4 on the Sunday was hectic. Enjoyed my whole weekend and can't wait to come back again
Old 17 Jun 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3423050)   #9
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redragon View Post
Had my 1st weekend at here at the weekend post 19 Saturday plenty to do and post 4 on the Sunday was hectic. Enjoyed my whole weekend and can't wait to come back again
Glad you enjoyed it, even with our company on Sunday morning.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 18:56 (Ref:3423937)   #10
BenR
Rookie

BenR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

I was the metro that attacked the hairpin!

Just wanted to say thanks and randomly this thread popped up on Google. The initial marshal was great and the rest of the response was embarrassingly huge haha.

Had the front brake circuit fail due to a brake hose being severed by suspension as a retaining clip went missing.

Sorry I don't know your name but thanks for finding us in the paddock to see how I was doing. Lots of work to get the car ready including a borrowed gearbox and finding a brake hose on a Saturday evening. I was glad the schedule got pushed back to the next day!

The accident and the fast appearing Marshal!

MG MetroCup Cadwell Park 2014 crash: http://youtu.be/97hYgm5rABQ
Old 19 Jun 2014, 19:26 (Ref:3423951)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
Hi,

I was the metro that attacked the hairpin!

Just wanted to say thanks and randomly this thread popped up on Google. The initial marshal was great and the rest of the response was embarrassingly huge haha.
I was the Post Chief at the hairpin. That was a big impact! It actually looked much worse from where we were than it did on the in-car video - at one point we thought you were going to roll. When you didn't get out of the car immediately I called for the rescue unit - better safe than sorry.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 14:23 (Ref:3424239)   #12
BenR
Rookie

BenR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
I was the Post Chief at the hairpin. That was a big impact! It actually looked much worse from where we were than it did on the in-car video - at one point we thought you were going to roll. When you didn't get out of the car immediately I called for the rescue unit - better safe than sorry.
Thanks Dave,

The response was impressive and I felt most well cared for.

I did think the shunt was going to be worse and I was going to be hurt but that foam is a car saver!

If your interested in the races its here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbHW4Vau3A

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EthwRdLb7U

Its a really touch circuit when you're not feeling up to the challenge and the car is feeling iffy at best. But with enough borrowed parts, including an open diff gearbox which made cadwell even harder, I was able to make the races.

You marshals do a great job, I'll always be thankful that you guys allow me to go racing!