Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 4 Jan 2002, 16:23 (Ref:193864)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
New C of C for Renault

Quote:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRIDAY 4TH JANUARY 2002
WORDS: 286

NEW CLERK OF COURSE FOR RENAULT CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dennis Carter, one of British motorsport’s leading officials, has been appointed new permanent Clerk of the Course for Renault UK’s two race championships in 2002.

Carter, who is Chief Executive of the British Automobile Racing Club and runs the Thruxton and Pembrey circuits, in Hampshire and Carmarthenshire respectively, will oversee the Formula Renault and Elf Clio Renaultsport UK Cup championships.

“Dennis is one of the most respected officials in the sport. With his many years’ experience as a Clerk of the Course, plus the fact he was once a racer himself, I cannot think of anyone better to take up what is an extremely demanding role – particularly as we are facing a boom in grid sizes this season,” said Renault UK Press and PR Director Tim Jackson. “His presence will add value to our highly dedicated and skilled Renault UK Motorsport team.”

Fittingly, Carter was one of the prime movers behind bringing the Formula Renault category to Britain in 1989. During the last two decades, meanwhile, he has acted as Clerk of the Course for many top championships, at both national and international level. In recent years, he has been Event Director for the British Touring Car Championship. Under his guidance, the BARC has also become Britain’s top motor racing event organiser, with the BTCC’s TOCATour package and one-off annual motorsport extravaganzas, such as Goodwood’s world famous Festival of Speed and Revival Meeting, among the many events it runs.

Carter, aged 52, commented: “These are very exciting times for Renault’s two championships and I am delighted to be part of them. Both series now attract the very best in young driver talent and it will be a pleasure to see them doing battle throughout the season.”

ENDS
Let's hope he doesn't crack down on the Clio drivers *too* much...
Old 7 Jan 2002, 17:25 (Ref:194956)   #2
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Carter is fine, hard but fair.
A lot better than the poor bloke we drove mad in 2000... he really didn't get on with the group of us very well.
RickP
Old 7 Jan 2002, 18:00 (Ref:194989)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Now, I wonder why that could be... It never really recovered from the moment Paul roofed his at Brands, did it ?
Old 8 Jan 2002, 12:06 (Ref:195400)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not surprised at Denis's appointment. BARC and Renault go back some time now.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 12:14 (Ref:195404)   #5
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I imagine the link is something to do with the fact his wife has been the Renault Championship coordinator since the dawn of time...
As I said, it's a great move for Renault...

And no Craig, I think Paul halting the first race by parking it on it's roof in the middle of the start-finish straight, then another 30 new shells being used in the next 4 rounds got us off to a poor start with the CoftheC... although when you spend all week like I do, running a multi-national corporation with a decent number of staff, to be treated as if you are 6 and not be permitted to speak in the Enquiry room is somewhat enfuriating... especially when it's 11PM after the last round and everyone else is getting lagered!

RickP
Old 8 Jan 2002, 12:52 (Ref:195424)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Seems like a very reasonable complaint Rick.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 13:12 (Ref:195431)   #7
Veteran

England
Zurich
Well I thought so!