Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Feb 2003, 10:58 (Ref:519163)   #1
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is the Pick the Top Six or Eight Drivers . . .

competition or whatever you are going to call it? Friday practice starts in seven or eight days. Were the rules ever settled? R????

Old 27 Feb 2003, 10:59 (Ref:519165)   #2
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holy cajones! A week to go!!
Old 27 Feb 2003, 12:25 (Ref:519232)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Yep, the competition will be announced either tonight, or tomorrow at the latest. The rules will be similar to last year, with the exception that this year, you will predict the top 8 drivers. In addition to that, we will have another competition this year, which will have an entirely different focus, so stay tuned!
Old 27 Feb 2003, 12:54 (Ref:519262)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Friday night...

That's really close.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 13:05 (Ref:519268)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Hey!! don't forget we get to pick the pole getter also.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 13:39 (Ref:519288)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't worry Valve, it will be there
Old 27 Feb 2003, 15:45 (Ref:519365)   #7
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Hey!! don't forget we get to pick the pole getter also.
Yeah, the lucky-low fuel driver !
Old 27 Feb 2003, 15:58 (Ref:519376)   #8
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new qualifying format is going to make this years competition much more interesting....can't wait! Perhaps a quick rundown of the new format can be given, at startup, for those who have had the good sense not to try to read the FIA website ! (or who don't have Acrobat Reader).
Old 27 Feb 2003, 16:07 (Ref:519383)   #9
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Yeah, the lucky-low fuel driver !
Don't think a low fuelled Minardi is going to beat a topped up ferrari
Old 28 Feb 2003, 14:43 (Ref:520473)   #10
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
Don't think a low fuelled Minardi is going to beat a topped up ferrari
Why not ?, it's only one lap (and sometimes Michael/Rubens have lost some Quals laps). I don't like those changes, anyway.

Besides that, Forza Minardi !
Old 2 Mar 2003, 18:50 (Ref:522576)   #11
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You damn well know it's going to be tried once. Oh hell, If I was stoddart I damn well would.

"We didn't win you the race Gazprom, but you were on the front page of sunday news."
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 2 Mar 2003, 18:51 (Ref:522577)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Speed
Why not ?, it's only one lap
A Ferrari in race trim on full laps is faster than a Minardi in qualifying trim on low tanks!!
Old 3 Mar 2003, 07:19 (Ref:523209)   #13
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by mr v
A Ferrari in race trim on full laps is faster than a Minardi in qualifying trim on low tanks!!
Are you sure?
I've tried comparing Webber's qualifying times with Michael's lap times in the race for a couple of GP's last year, but it looks to me as if it takes at least 15 race laps before the Ferrari can match Minardi's qualifying time.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 16:39 (Ref:523590)   #14
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
Are you sure?
I've tried comparing Webber's qualifying times with Michael's lap times in the race for a couple of GP's last year, but it looks to me as if it takes at least 15 race laps before the Ferrari can match Minardi's qualifying time.
And if you have taken the time to do this Don K, you can be sure Minardi has done it. Since they are likely back of the grid anyway, it seems a good method to gain track position with the least risk. Imagine the possible finish for Webbie last year had he started near the front. Anything could happen, in the exuberance of the first race.....look at the CART race last week.

I'm really hoping for some "cat amongst the pigeons" stuff.
Old 3 Mar 2003, 18:14 (Ref:523663)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12
Imagine the possible finish for Webbie last year had he started near the front.
But he won't finish high up if he has to have a pitstop 2 laps into the race. That will drop him to the back anyway.
Quote:
Originally posted by Don K
In Suzuka last year Michael's fastest lap was 0.2s slower than Webber's qualifying time.

In Melbourne last year Kimi's fastest lap was 1.6s quicker than Webber's qualifying time.

However, I wonder how valid that comparison is, because other changes where made to the cars between Minardi and Ferrari. You need to compare a race Minardi (not qual.) with a race Ferrari. Having said that I don't think Minardi changed there car much between race and qualifying.

And there is also the effect of new/old tyres.