Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 24 Aug 2004, 14:30 (Ref:1076216)   #1
JamesC
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
JamesC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Shooting Positions

Is this getting tiresome yet?

Ok - off to Mallory on Sunday...

Places to shoot... most "interesting" seems to be the inside of Shaws - I remember seeing some shots (someone from this forum Im sure?) that were brilliant - almost like you could stick your hand out and touch the cars... I'd love to get some up close (Im talking full-frame ) gritted-teeth driver shots of the drivers in our championship... I might even bring some window cleaner to make sure their plastic windows are spotless... its all part of the service...

Though I'd imagine once you're at Shaws you're a bit trapped during the race! So is this position any good for some normal shots? Tyre smoking out braking shots seem likely though...

As ever, all advice greatly received...

James (recovered and raring to go)
Old 24 Aug 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1076312)   #2
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Outside at Shaws is good...if you have a pass you can get right at the top and shoot them approaching and catch any shenanigans through and out of the corner..still at Shaws stand at the exit of the corner, next to the marshall and you can get some great sharp head on shots (thats where I'll be spending the next SOM qualifying session to try get some serious eye action )
The Essess is also a good spot cos of the overtaking that often happens and of course Devils Elbow is another good head on opportunity, plus you can swivel around at that spot and get at speed shots as they exit the Esses

Last edited by PaulSands; 24 Aug 2004 at 16:49.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 12:45 (Ref:1077053)   #3
JamesC
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
JamesC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers Paul

It's you who had shots from the inside of Shaws all along... Im so surprised that they let you get up that close... but I'm game

I found this whilst browsing through my archives the other day...

http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/temp/images/DSCF0075.jpg

>>Nutters (which ones?) at Druids<<

http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/motorspor...02.gal/rox.jpg

>>More hairpin action...<<

Only having two 15 minute sessions to get my shots for the day - I think I'll do the inside of Shaws for the practise - and then maybe Devils Elbow for the race... but then best laid plans etc...

So many shots, so little time...

James

Edit: smaller images or url tags next time please, Redshoes

Last edited by JamesC; 25 Aug 2004 at 12:47.