Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 30 Oct 2005, 18:59 (Ref:1447780)   #1
farooqaziz
Rookie

Pakistan
vehari
farooqaziz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indo_pak A Friendly Rivalry

I Think The Rivalry Between G To Be The Heart Of A1gp. Even In The Race They Tried To Beat Each Other.

I Think It Will Be The "ashes" Of A1gp Or The Manu Arsenal Clash, In The Years To Come

A1gp Is Now Very Famous In Pakistan. I Live In A Small City ,but People Here Are Also Talking Abt A1 Mostly India Pakistan.

What Do U Think. ? Give Your Suggestions. India And Pakistan Is Goin
Old 30 Oct 2005, 19:58 (Ref:1447817)   #2
farooqaziz
Rookie

Pakistan
vehari
which is better?

who do u think will get win out of india or pakistan.

i put my money on Adam Khan.infact new indian driver is very good. if they get better grid position ther will be a one hell of a good race
both the drivers r inexperience, but they really put ther heart and soul in there race.

do u think this sport will earn fame in sub_continent in the presence of cricket?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 04:36 (Ref:1448048)   #3
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Armaan Ebrahim is too inexperienced, they need to keep Karun Chandhok in the car. Anyone know why he missed Estoril?

If they keep Chandhok in the car it should be a very good contest, although I think India are placing themselves at a disadvantage running the car themselves. Still, admire them for that.

Adam Khan has been erratic but generally done a good job in my opinion.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1448121)   #4
farooqaziz
Rookie

Pakistan
vehari
yes, u r right. i think the driver wasnt able to handle the car, but he was better than karan,because he finished the race.

what went wrong 4 pak... in portugal? i think indian team is not very good
Old 31 Oct 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1448152)   #5
Go-Pakistan
Racer

Pakistan
London
Go-Pakistan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think India and pakistan have both done well so far, Adam khan missed a podium due to a wheel nut problem at the opening race at Brands Hatch.

Armaan Ebrahim, only 16 and driving in a series about equal to GP2, wow....with age on his side, and heavy financial backing i'm sure he'll be following Narain into F1.

It's great to see Pakistan (and India) involved in motorsport now. Asians are well into their cars all over the world so it was only a matter of time.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 13:45 (Ref:1448375)   #6
farooqaziz
Rookie

Pakistan
vehari
pakistani team is very good, last race the pit timming was not good, tyres had to bear the assultfor 34 laps. indian team did well. this sport is making its mark in pakistan . i think after a while there will be some gr8 drivers from this part of the world.

indians hav some experience and finance, but dont know who is financing team pakistan. will pakistan & india take part in next season?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1448449)   #7
mbathshah
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
mbathshah has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooqaziz
this sport is making its mark in pakistan .
Tell me is A1GP getting much press coverage in Pakistan? Are they showing it live on TV and if so on normal TV or SAT? I have looked and most of the newspapers in Pakistan seem to be much more interested in Hockey or Cricket (With England's Tour coming Up). Why would there be so much ineterest in a sport where they are not doing particularly well?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1448569)   #8
farooqaziz
Rookie

Pakistan
vehari
YES A1GP IS FINDING ITS WAY IN PAKISTAN, I THINK WE DID WELL CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT WE R NEW IN THE MARKET

A1GP IS A VERY HOT SUBJECT IN PRINT & TELE MEDIA , SPECIALLY THE CONTROVERCY ABT ADAM & NURALI. A1 IS SHOWN LIVE IN THE COUNTRY BY ESPNSTAR.

IT IS GETTING FAME BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT THE INDIANS R ALSO THERE .AND EVEN THE LAUNCH IN PAKISTAN IS CONSIDERED TO BE THE BIGGEST. A HUGE CROWD WAS THERE IN LAHORE.

YOU CAN WATCH THE DETAIL AT THE OFFICIAL WEB SITE OF A1 TEAM PAKISTAN
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1448583)   #9
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Erm, lean on caps lock did we? Please avoid "shouting", there's no need for it in an entire post
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1448623)   #10
mbathshah
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Caps Lock

I asked a sensible question and you are freaking out? what is going on here?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1448633)   #11
farooqaziz
Rookie

Pakistan
vehari
Man I am not freaking out, just telling you reasons.If you dislike it , I am very sorry. I just tried to tell you the facts.Tell me is it getting the same hipe in Britan?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1448884)   #12
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well pakistan has the advantage of being run by Super Nova team...

India on the other hand have a lot to learn. Only a hand full of the crew have experience that too in F3 class. But i like their determination. They are practicing pitstops late into night before every race day. The results were clearly seen in estoril race.

Hope they improve in setting up the car !!
Old 1 Nov 2005, 08:11 (Ref:1449095)   #13
farooqaziz
Rookie

Pakistan
vehari

Both the countries are inexperience in the game. indian team did well with the car, considering the results of earlier races.Their pit strategy is great, but is it reasonable to give the car to a 16 years old boy?

The other driver was good.I think the next race is going to be great, especially for the pakies & indies.If both the drivers will able be to get better position on the grid ,they will be able to show their natural talent.I think pakistan with a better team & more experienced driver has more chances to win. What do you say?
Old 1 Nov 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1449170)   #14
mbathshah
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
I am afraid both drivers have a lot to learn. To be between 4 and 4.5 seconds off the pace in a 1.30 lap is a very poor showing. I am afraid both Khan and Ebrahim may find it hard to improve as the rest of the calendar will be at tracks they haven't had a chance to race/practise at. As someone from the subcontinent myself I for one cannot understand why Pakistan bought the franchise when they have no drivers capable of challenging the "classic" racing nations and in effect had to find a "rent a driver". India on the other hand have had a number of drivers in the junior ranks and although there isn't much of a talent pool at the moment it may improve over the next 5 years or so. I am also impressed that they at least (like Malaysia) are running their own team which bodes well for having an Indian talent pool of engineers for the future. As a close follower of karting I am afraid there is no one in the top Karting classes in Europe of Indian or Pakistani descent so the outlook for the next 5-10 years in terms of real class emerging from these countries is bleak. Just to reach the top of your game in Karting alone takes 10 years (these kids start at 8 years old) and then you have to add 3 or 4 seasons in single seaters and then maybe the driver will be as good as Piquet!

Last edited by mbathshah; 1 Nov 2005 at 09:48. Reason: spelling
Old 1 Nov 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1449253)   #15
Go-Pakistan
Racer

Pakistan
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbathshah
As someone from the subcontinent myself I for one cannot understand why Pakistan bought the franchise when they have no drivers capable of challenging the "classic" racing nations and in effect had to find a "rent a driver".

Is Nelson piquet junior a "rent a driver" for Brazil because he was born in Heidelberg, Germany, how about Nico Rosberg, of Finnish descent but also born in Germany, he would be eligible to drive for A1 Team Germany or A1 team Finland (if there was one) aswell.

Christian Jones, born in London, driving for Australia.
Stephen Simpson, born in Poole, Dorset, driving for South Africa.
Ralph Firman, born in Norwich, England, driving for Ireleand.

Just because Adam Khan wasn't born in Pakistan, doesn't mean he can't drive for team Pakistan. I don’t think you could label Khan as a “rent-a-driver” at the opening race when he finished 7th in the sprint and was challenging for the podium in the feature race before a wheel nut problem dropped him back….regardless of the point made earlier that he was run by team Supernova……car preparation is important, agreed, but the key component in a one-make series is the driver.

Anyone in the sport would welcome entrants from new countries, just like India have now got a driver in Formula 1. Like all things, entering a new sport and becoming competitive takes time and A1GP will doubtlessly kick start a motor sport industry in Pakistan.

So, well done to all the teams for taking part in A1 to make this a great series.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1449260)   #16
mbathshah
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
I wasn't making the point about Adam's origin in my post. I couldn't care less if he was born on the moon if he is eligible to drive for Pakistan he is eligible and I accept that. The point I was making is that Pakistan only have one driver to choose from and to take on a Franchise like Team Pakistan have done on the back of one driver ( a not very good one at that) is not a very good decision.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1449279)   #17
Go-Pakistan
Racer

Pakistan
London

Quote:
The point I was making is that Pakistan only have one driver to choose from and to take on a Franchise like Team Pakistan have done on the back of one driver ( a not very good one at that) is not a very good decision.
Nur Ali was in the original line up as well, but no longer it seems.

Khan maybe the only driver at the moment, but with the advent of a1gp, more will follow i'm sure, and if it takes 2 seasons or 10 seasons for Pakistan to have a large pool of drivers to select, so be it.

I agree with you that buying a franchise with only 1 driver is risky, but for a country to enter a new sport with no history, they have to start from somewhere and then build up to be a regarded as one to watch.

So rather than criticising and questioning their entry, I would congratulate the team owners for having the foresight and the guts to make this positive important first step!

I, for one, admire their courage and spirit.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 06:22 (Ref:1450090)   #18
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a few countries that have a dire lack of drivers to choose from.

Pakistan are fortunate that they have Adam Khan, who can at least drive the thing although I don't think he is very good. Indonesia are totally dependant on Ananda Mikola, India on Chandhok (until the day Karthikeyan gives up on F1), China and Russia really have NOBODY although the latter seem to have found a reasonably talented 18 year old from somewhere.

However this is all beside the point.

A1 is fantastic because it introduces motorsport to consumers in those countries that have no or very little history in it. Now that youngsters from these countries have something specific to aim for the sport has much more potential to develop and become more global.

So while some countries are weak on driving talent for now I welcome their involvement, and look forward to seeing them develop in the years to come. Well done to A1 for making it possible.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 08:41 (Ref:1450139)   #19
farooqaziz
Rookie

Pakistan
vehari
india & pakisyan has a great rivalry in cricket do you think that the trend continues in a1gp.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1450517)   #20
mbathshah
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
No I don't think so. People from the subcontinent (me being one) have no time for losers - their enthusiasm will evaporate if India and Pakistan bring up the rear at each of these races. Also I don't know about ESPN but SKY in the Uk have not interviewed any of the drivers from Pakistan or India (and quite afew other countries as well) so it is hard to get excited about them at all!
Old 2 Nov 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1450635)   #21
Go-Pakistan
Racer

Pakistan
London

Quote:
People from the subcontinent (me being one) have no time for losers - their enthusiasm will evaporate if India and Pakistan bring up the rear at each of these races.
That's a bit harsh isn't it?

Their participation is an important first step into the sport.

Narain Karthekeyan hasn't exactly been at the front of the grid in F1 but I wouldn't call him a loser, a.f.a.i.k he attracts a lot of media attention in India.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 20:20 (Ref:1450795)   #22
mbathshah
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
To be participating is not enough. What is the point of being 20th out of 20 drivers? - not much I would say.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 23:09 (Ref:1450931)   #23
spindoctorette
Rookie

spindoctorette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have you never heard of the phrase "Rome wasn't built in a day"?

Well funnily enough a brand new team in a brand new sport with no motorsport heritage is very unlikely to reach the podium in THREE races. yes three. Three ever. (Pakistan did however complete all three - more than USA, GB,France, Ireland etc can say)

If you are really going to write off either Pakistan or India after such a tiny amount of time you are a pretty fair weather supporter in the first place.

Give the teams a chance. How long did it take for Frank Williams to win a constructors championship, how long for a Jordan podium, Jenson has over 100 F1 starts and now with the huge might over over 700 people working for Honda (formally BAR Honda) and still no podium.

Put it in perspective. Karun and Adam are tremendous ambassadors for this sport and for young Asian men. More power to them and I hope that they continue to improve.

See the sport for what it is - a chance to follow improvement and hopefully success for those who a re breaking their balls to get the job done.
Old 2 Nov 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1450938)   #24
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good post spindoctorette....wxactly what i was thinking
Old 3 Nov 2005, 05:37 (Ref:1451062)   #25
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing

Some people are just not getting the point about A1GP. One of it's objectives is to spread the sport into markets that are currently undeveloped, and as a result of that those countries will hopefully become more competitive in the future.