Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1334955)   #1
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't attack Ferrari, says Sir Frank Williams

Super Tourer has kindly allowed a new thread on this important issue.

http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=45130&s=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Williams

"They were totally innocent in this affair entirely, they had no reason not to race."
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:21 (Ref:1334957)   #2
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm happy to go along with Sir Frank's judgement here. But I expect it will not affect the opinion of a lot of instinctive Ferrari-haters.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1334961)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As usual a very fair assesment by SFW!
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1334968)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed.

I don't think any team will "blame" Ferrari for racing, unlike some of the more rabid "fans".
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1334974)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
No one should be blaming Ferrari.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1335001)   #6
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no one should should blame Ferrari but no doubtly people would. take the American fans for instance at the track. they were throwing things on to the track one of which nearly hit Rubens Barrichello i know they were angry but it was the wrong decision.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1335004)   #7
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys just don't get it. Its all Ferrari's fault.

How dare they show up with adequate equipment and actually take the track on race day?

Clearly, this whole thing was orchestrated by Ferrari. They paid off Michelin to send bad tires then they paid off the FIA to not use a chicane.

Those evil monsters!
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1335007)   #8
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LampCord

How dare they show up with adequate equipment and actually take the track on race day?

Clearly, this whole thing was orchestrated by Ferrari. They paid off Michelin to send bad tires then they paid off the FIA to not use a chicane.

Those evil monsters!
nice conspiracy that but the wrong one
Old 20 Jun 2005, 19:54 (Ref:1335010)   #9
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LampCord

Those evil monsters!
My god, how did you find out! Shhhh.

Okay, seriously...duh, I'm not even reading into the 'it's Ferrari's fault' idea, it clearly isn't...nothing short of a head injury is going to convince me otherwise.

It's good one of the most sensible team owners has stepped forward and put the world to rights...lesser managers would not have done (no names).
Old 20 Jun 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1335053)   #10
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1
no one should should blame Ferrari but no doubtly people would. take the American fans for instance at the track. they were throwing things on to the track one of which nearly hit Rubens Barrichello....
First of all, fans come from all over the world to watch the race -- particularly Mexico, Central and South America. Lot's of Canadians, too. The people who threw things, I would guess, weren't all Americans. Further, I don't think a beer launched in the direction of Parc Ferme after the race was a protest against Rubens or Ferrari. It was probably just an idiotic reaction to the generally frustrating farce.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1335087)   #11
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was one thrown right at the two Ferraris while they were entering T1 during the race, though. Even though they had braked to turn in speed, that speed prolly is still well over 150km/h and it could have very nasty consequences if you get hit by a can at that speed.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1335108)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nobody blames Ferrari, they took a decision that was fine.

First Michelin take the blame for the initial problem.

Then the FIA take even more for being so idiotic and not being able to make a common sense decision.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1335120)   #13
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Nobody blames Ferrari, they took a decision that was fine.
Oh, but they do, Knowlesy, they do.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1335122)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Then the FIA take even more for being so idiotic and not being able to make a common sense decision.
They did make a common sense decision, they enforced the rules. Fairly.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1335132)   #15
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I'm happy to go along with Sir Frank's judgement here. But I expect it will not affect the opinion of a lot of instinctive Ferrari-haters.
words from my mouth, I agree.
will be a great loss to F1 if Sir Frank wasn't keeping up the standards
Old 20 Jun 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1335133)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Like who?
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:38 (Ref:1335221)   #17
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

o yes exactly...how dare they enforce the rules of the sport. If brazil showed up to the next world cup with a team of one legged blind midgets should everyone else have to play blindfolded on their knees also just for sport?
Old 20 Jun 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1335231)   #18
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And they will Knowsley, they will.

If the sun fell out of the sky tomorrow, some fans would say it was Ferrari's fault.

Sir Frank Williams is experienced and chavvy enough to know better.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1335256)   #19
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
Like who?
You just need to read the Indy thread on this board to see the anti-Ferrari claptrap being wheeled out.
Old 20 Jun 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1335287)   #20
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course it's not Ferrari's fault. The only thing I didn't like about their behavior was that Todt didn't agree nor disagree. I think he HAD to say something. But apart from that, it's obviously NOT Ferrari who are to blame. For the bad result for Michelin teams --> Michelin's fault. For no race --> FIA's fault.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 05:51 (Ref:1335461)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop
Sir Frank Williams is experienced and chavvy enough to know better.

I assume you mean "savvy".

Unless he's taken to wearing fake burberry and drinking cheap cider in the park.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1335564)   #22
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
I assume you mean "savvy".

Unless he's taken to wearing fake burberry and drinking cheap cider in the park.

Brilliant mental image!

"Sir Frank, were you pleased with the team's performance today?"

"Yeah, but no, but yeah, but..."
Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1335645)   #23
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Yeah, but no, but yeah, but... yeah" I meant 'savvy'!!!

It does conjure up a brilliant mental image though and we could all do with a giggle right now!!

Old 21 Jun 2005, 10:52 (Ref:1335661)   #24
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I can read is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by autosport-atlas.com
Team principal Frank Williams believes World Champions Ferrari were completely innocent in the United States Grand Prix fiasco.
Can't really argue with that... is there anything else worth reading on the subject?

Think I used to have a password for autosport, but must have lost it amoung the 56,863 other sites I seem to need a login to read these days.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1335680)   #25
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulation to Sir Frank to speak out his opinion. I wonder what will he, Patrick Head, Ron Dennis and the like have to say about this whole scam in some years time when they are retired