Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Oct 2004, 01:16 (Ref:1138417)   #1
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FORD's Title Strength in 2005

Having a good think about the driver movements at the end of this year, Ford should be in a much stronger position next year for winning the Championship again.

SBR: With Ingall and Ambrose driving again they will be a definite title chance. If Ingall can get his qualifying act together he will be very hard to beat as he is a good racer and is able to make passes and deal with traffic that Marcos sometimes has trouble with.

FPR: If Lowndes' form at Indy is an indication of raw car speed, then Bright with his undoubted car set up and driving ability will be a major threat.

888: They have shown good speed, and with Lowndes' considerable driving ability they should be a front running team.

DJR: I really hope that Seton will bring some much needed car sorting ability to the team. They have shown an improvement of late and with a little bit more speed can be consistantly up the front.

ORCON: Bargs has shows some pure speed a few times during the year, and with a bit more careful driving and some better qualifying he can be a front runner. Winterbottom in his second season in the main game should also show improved results.

BJR: Bowe can be as fast as anyone, but he needs to qualify better and stay out of trouble. Whether he is simply unlucky, or his driving style invites being punted is up for debate, but assuming some luck and strong qualifying he could be an outside threat for the championship.

So looking at it objectively, Ford should have at least six or seven guys with the ability and equipment to slug it out for the title next year.

I don't expect Holden to simply lie down either, and after a couple of average years, I would expect Skaife, Richards and Murphy in particular to be fired up and motivated to reclaim the title from Holden.

It is yet to be seen also how much speed Tander will have in the K-Mart car next year as well. I would not be surprised to see him vault straight into title contention from the word go if they get the setup hapf right.

With the emotional ending to this season, I cannot wait until the opengin round of 2005. I think next years title chase could be the toughest we have seen in a long time.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 01:46 (Ref:1138428)   #2
malarky
Racer

malarky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBR will most likely be the only title contenders next season. I'd expect Lowndes to improve, but the Triple 8 cars still don't have the pace or consistency of SBR.

The rest are one trick ponies, good at the odd track or two, but not consistent front runners IMHO.

As for Holden, they just need HRT to fire and all will be well....
Old 28 Oct 2004, 02:21 (Ref:1138441)   #3
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by malarky
SBR will most likely be the only title contenders next season. I'd expect Lowndes to improve, but the Triple 8 cars still don't have the pace or consistency of SBR.

The rest are one trick ponies, good at the odd track or two, but not consistent front runners IMHO.

[/QUOTE

You cant write off 888 cars as 2005 with see the introduction of 2 brand new BAs for Lowndes and Wilson,

surely Ludo and Campbell Little can provide a top BA for Craig
Old 28 Oct 2004, 02:27 (Ref:1138445)   #4
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by malarky

I assume you meant to say , they just need HRT to fire skaife and all will be well.

Surely the 6 car superteam can take it to the fords next year...hrug:
Old 28 Oct 2004, 02:28 (Ref:1138446)   #5
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As a FORD man I have four word to say

I BLOODY HOPE SO.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish