Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 25 Aug 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2945892)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Power fined 30K

Will Power got fined for flicking Vs at the NH race officials.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2945908)   #2
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
He could probably care less.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2945941)   #3
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He can work off the fine by doing public appearances for IndyCar. Curious situation in that the series' biggest critic gets to be its face for a little while.

And all a bit silly. They made more money off of the attention Power's birds got than anything else that happened at Loudon. They should be thanking him...
Old 25 Aug 2011, 22:18 (Ref:2945964)   #4
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally hope he just pays the fine, probably a drop in the ocean for him.

That would send another few subtle Vs in Barnhart's direction rather than suck up and do the community service.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2945974)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will Mr Penske pay the fine on Mr Power's behalf?

I cant imagine Mr Power is earning millions as a Penske driver, what with no major sponsor that sticks each race weekend... $30k is a big lick.

Maybe its to go on the recruitment cost to search for, and replace Mr Barnhart
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Aug 2011, 01:10 (Ref:2946037)   #6
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe IndyCar should pay the fine for him. He generated more interest in the series by flipping the bird than anything that has happend on the track.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:02 (Ref:2946070)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
Maybe IndyCar should pay the fine for him. He generated more interest in the series by flipping the bird than anything that has happend on the track.
When you read about crowd numbers and the like for this series, they are unlikely to have 2 bob to bless themselves with
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:09 (Ref:2946073)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think most people would be surprised how little most irl drivers are making these days, if any money at all. And especially after you pay taxes, expenses and insurance. That 30K would be a hit on power's wallet.

Personally I think every driver should protest and give the finger to brian barnyard every time they see him.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 05:08 (Ref:2946111)   #9
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well considering Mike Conway only earnt $36,000 for winning the Grand Prix of Long Beach this year, it could hit him a bit hard. but not to hard
Old 26 Aug 2011, 06:48 (Ref:2946161)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thats 15 grand a finger... worth it ???

dont know but he got his point across , maybe the wrong way perhaps
Old 26 Aug 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2946262)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Personally I think every driver should protest and give the finger to brian barnyard every time they see him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post

No, probably not the right way, and I was hard on Will for having a tantrum but would be willing to bet most drivers have wanted to do the same, as mtstr pointed out. Still, not the most mature thing to do. Then again, while playing competitive sports myself, I have been known to shown some childish anger towards authorities before in the moment.

And it wouldn't been a big deal if it hadn't been on live network TV.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2946482)   #12
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was kind of expected by everybody, wasn't it?
Old 26 Aug 2011, 17:54 (Ref:2946520)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post

It's 7.5 grand a finger as he gave them two Vs,
Old 26 Aug 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2946537)   #14
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, it wasn't V's, it is two flipped birds alright. I use it as my avatar on another forum.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 18:34 (Ref:2946550)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
No, it wasn't V's, it is two flipped birds alright. I use it as my avatar on another forum.
So it is..., it looked like two Vs but in slow motion I can see it isn't. Anyway the outcome's the same.
Old 27 Aug 2011, 07:24 (Ref:2946726)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I think most people would be surprised how little most irl drivers are making these days, if any money at all. And especially after you pay taxes, expenses and insurance. That 30K would be a hit on power's wallet.
Well they don't all pay their taxes *cough*helio*cough*

Actually it was 5mill Helio had stored offshore wasn't it? Must make a wee bit with Penske, although maybe that's all Indy500 winnings.
Old 27 Aug 2011, 13:46 (Ref:2946804)   #17
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post

Yep thats right He's an aussie , we dont use 2 fingers over here (on the one hand that is)
Old 28 Aug 2011, 11:09 (Ref:2947152)   #18
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I cant imagine Mr Power is earning millions as a Penske driver, what with no major sponsor that sticks each race weekend... $30k is a big lick.
No major sponsor - what is Verizon??

I wouldnt think he would be earning "millions" however he would be on a fairly decent salary.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2947180)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
No major sponsor - what is Verizon??

I wouldnt think he would be earning "millions" however he would be on a fairly decent salary.
Verizon have sponsored Power's car all season.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 14:32 (Ref:2947721)   #20
PZippy
Rookie

United States
Park Ridge, Illinois
PZippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
$15K per finger!