Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 26 Jun 2003, 17:58 (Ref:643940)   #1
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That Japanese Driver

Is is just me, or should FOX's censors be thankful that Japanese driver has been retiring very early in every race he's started this year? It just seems to me that it would only be a matter of time before Darrell Waltrip slips his tongue and calls him "Hideo Fukyumama."

Can it be said, though, that Hideo Fukuyama is the worst driver NASCAR has ever seen? Or will that honor soon go to Christian Fittipaldi?
Old 26 Jun 2003, 19:47 (Ref:644045)   #2
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like a toss-up to me between Christian and Hideo. Christian and Kyle both really stunk up Sears. It was probably good for Andretti to get released from Petty.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 00:42 (Ref:647900)   #3
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't normally expect anything much from Hideo,but given His road track racing heritage,I was thinking that He perhaps would be a factor somewhat at Sonoma,but He ran as bad as at the ovals!How do some of these drivers get into the so-called best Series with the best drivers in the world anyhow?

I guess,in His,defense,U could say that it was His first race at this particular road course event,but I still expected a little more from Him,JMO!

Last edited by 24thunder; 1 Jul 2003 at 00:44.
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!
Old 1 Jul 2003, 00:59 (Ref:647903)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup Hideo is expected to be much better, He was a JGTC Toyota factory guy so what gives?
I am dissapointed in him and expect more...much more.
maybe the cars are too unruly for him and he is in his late 40's or 50 so....
Old 1 Jul 2003, 04:23 (Ref:647969)   #5
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Uhm, JGTC is an extremely low bar? The Japanese have yet to produce a decent driver, and yet they do rather well in JGTC.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 07:43 (Ref:648046)   #6
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
U gotta laugh haven't u. Christian and old Hideous at Sonama where about as good as one legged men in an ass kicking contest. A bit surprised at Christian tho, he's not a bad driver, maybe the whole package he's got there needs a shake-up. Wotdya think?:confused:
Old 1 Jul 2003, 08:28 (Ref:648077)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing to keep in mind that neither Petty Enterprises nor Travis Carter are very good teams. In fact, they are downright lousy.

Fittipaldi would probably do at least a halfway decent job in a good car, because he has skill. Hideo, on the other hand... Not sure a top-class car would be able to help there

Last edited by rustyfan; 1 Jul 2003 at 08:29.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 10:17 (Ref:648146)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Christian's just had to take whatever ride he can get this year after his Busch sponsorship fell through, he took the gamble of switching to NASCAR and it ahsn't paid off so far. Still, he's gaining experience and is quite young, so he might do well in the future.

Fukuyama shouldn't be in NASCAR. If he was 10-20 years younger he might have potential to build on, but he just doesn't seem to be up to it, and he's one of the oldest guys on the grid.