Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2035037)   #1
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren employer of the century?

I heard on Speed TV that McLaren intends to pay every single one of their 1,000 + employees all the bonus money they would have received if they had won the constructors championship.

When you consider they lost appx $50,000,000 in lost winnings and $100,000,000 in fines, that's a pretty charitable decision IMHO.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:01 (Ref:2035045)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think it's the right decision - after all, it's hardly the fault of the vast majority of their employees that one or two did something stupid and got the entire team kicked out of the WCC. Those people worked hard to build a winning car, and they did it, therefore they deserve a bonus.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:06 (Ref:2035050)   #3
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That'd buy my loyalty for a few more years!
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:20 (Ref:2035063)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LampCord
When you consider they lost appx $50,000,000 in lost winnings and $100,000,000 in fines, that's a pretty charitable decision IMHO.
The 'lost winnings' goes towards the fine. It is still $100million that McLaren have less than they would have done.

McLaren are renowned for treating its employees well. The new McLaren HQ was going to be down near Lydden until they found out that most people didn't want to move.

I agree with Ralf's Girl. They have all earnt it.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:26 (Ref:2035070)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The FIA will now strip Lewis and Fernando of all points because clearly Mclaren have endorsed cheating.

Seriously nice gesture and really they deserve it for their hard work, you wouldn't expect anything less from Mclaren really.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:52 (Ref:2035095)   #6
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Amazing how much you can save when you get rid of one of your drivers.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2035106)   #7
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Amazing how much you can save when you get rid of one of your drivers.

Yep, that should pretty much cover the bonuses!
Old 8 Oct 2007, 17:51 (Ref:2035132)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The team has earned the bonuses. I am not exactly surprised that McLaren have done this to be honest.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 17:56 (Ref:2035137)   #9
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder what the Ferrari employees get?
Old 8 Oct 2007, 17:57 (Ref:2035140)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good move by Ron Dennis. Keep the employees happy!
Old 8 Oct 2007, 17:58 (Ref:2035142)   #11
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz
Good move by Ron Dennis. Keep the employees happy!
Well most of them anyway
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:02 (Ref:2035145)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will Mike get his?
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:03 (Ref:2035146)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
I wonder what they're giving the bloke from the photocopy shop as his bonus.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:39 (Ref:2035186)   #14
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard that on top of a $10,000 reward, that fella get a 1:18 model of the Ferrari F2007.

He is also shortlisted on Mclaren's "Best whistle-blowing of the Year" award... and tipped to win.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:53 (Ref:2035199)   #15
KevinS
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
KevinS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
I don't think they have much to complain about!
http://www.greatplacetowork-europe.com/best/list-eu.htm
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:07 (Ref:2035211)   #16
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinS
I don't think they have much to complain about!
http://www.greatplacetowork-europe.com/best/list-eu.htm
Is that the race team or the road car factory?
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:17 (Ref:2035221)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Fair play to Ron and the McLaren "empire". Sure, the employee's have earn't it, but a lot of employee's slog their guts out day in day, but have to go where the company goes.

I wonder if McLaren are in need of a printer? (lithographic, not computer related )
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:50 (Ref:2035247)   #18
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Bah, Ron is basically paying his staff to keep schtum about all those group emails they get off Nigel Stepney. And the inferior car they've been giving to Alonso. And the bribes they've been getting off Bernie. And what happened in that tunnel in Paris. And who shot JFK.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:51 (Ref:2035248)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I wonder if McLaren are in need of a printer? (lithographic, not computer related )
Dream on V.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 02:02 (Ref:2035460)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I would expect nothing less from Ron Dennis and McLaren, who are after all is said and done, and much has been said...A class act!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 02:25 (Ref:2035474)   #21
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Bah, Ron is basically paying his staff to keep schtum about all those group emails they get off Nigel Stepney. And the inferior car they've been giving to Alonso. And the bribes they've been getting off Bernie. And what happened in that tunnel in Paris. And who shot JFK.
sarcasm deluge!!

Last edited by pottiella; 9 Oct 2007 at 02:27.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 18:31 (Ref:2036132)   #22
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I wonder what they're giving the bloke from the photocopy shop as his bonus.
Another return ticket to Modena?
Old 9 Oct 2007, 23:56 (Ref:2036376)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
I heard that on top of a $10,000 reward, that fella get a 1:18 model of the Ferrari F2007.
Or possibly a McLaren painted red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtr_R
He is also shortlisted on Mclaren's "Best whistle-blowing of the Year" award... and tipped to win.
Fernando will be running him close I would have thought.
Old 14 Oct 2007, 02:01 (Ref:2039582)   #24
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I think it's the right decision - after all, it's hardly the fault of the vast majority of their employees that one or two did something stupid and got the entire team kicked out of the WCC. Those people worked hard to build a winning car, and they did it, therefore they deserve a bonus.
That is great news. Well done to the whole team I think that is totally justified.