Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jun 2008, 22:02 (Ref:2219164)   #1
littlejoe
Rookie

littlejoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Classic, drive wanted.

driver with considerable endurance experience ,and mechanical sympathy!, looking for drive at this years event.suitable budget is available .also transporter with all tools is available if required.you can call me on (number now removed - JT)

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Jun 2008 at 07:57.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 07:36 (Ref:2219379)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Another handle,who are you and what do you want to drive.Cars go from 20's to 70's?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 15:33 (Ref:2219737)   #3
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's guess. This Joe is 46 so not young Joe Twyman who used to post in his own name some years ago. What about Joe Ward?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:08 (Ref:2219752)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
46? JW would be flattered!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:14 (Ref:2219760)   #5
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plus the internet hasn't reached Boston yet!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:17 (Ref:2219764)   #6
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not him then! Come on Terry you know all the drivers! It's not Joe (Jonathan) Gomm either since he posts as gojo.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2219767)   #7
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
If it's reached me, it's reached Boston!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:22 (Ref:2219769)   #8
GBRM
Veteran

England
What about a certain Ferrari Joe?
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2219773)   #9
GBRM
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
If it's reached me, it's reached Boston!
Ok, they've got dial-up just not broadband and that's the excuse my sister just outside Boston gives me for not replying to my e-mails or maybe it was just something I said though!!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 16:45 (Ref:2219795)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really can't think of anyone I know who would want to do it in someone else's car.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2219803)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
I'm impressed with that answer Terry and we were thinking about giving you a drive but you obviously wouldn't want it.

I know the answer to the question and a man with considerable experience
Old 4 Jun 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2219805)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
What,and Father Christmas is Real?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 06:53 (Ref:2220212)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We have a policy of not revealing a poster's identity so in future if we get any of these types of thread then I susggest interested parties take it to pm.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:08 (Ref:2220221)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
We have a policy of not revealing a poster's identity so in future if we get any of these types of thread then I susggest interested parties take it to pm.

So we still dont know Santa's real I.D.?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:32 (Ref:2220239)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
trouble is that us webmongs are not used to a real driver coming on and using Historic Racing Today to find a real drive in a race today - shocking really as he hasn't passed any coment on the authenticity of HRSR, MGB's or Spa 6 Hour, I personally think he should be banished ;o)
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2220247)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Sorry, Peter, but if someone comes on to a public forum seeking a drive and giving out his number, I think we are entitled to have a bit of fun speculating who he is. As you say, he can PM parties if he wishes to remain anonymous. We will surely find out who it is, anyway, if John gets him a drive!

(Edit - PS, However, tel no. now removed as contact now made. The disclosure of personal tel nos and addresses on a public forum is not recommended, and I should have removed it earlier in accordance with FAQs - in that sense, Peter is perfectly correct.)

Last edited by John Turner; 5 Jun 2008 at 08:01.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 07:57 (Ref:2220250)   #17
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
or just phone him up - he left his number in the post! sorry just noticed it was deleted
Old 5 Jun 2008, 08:33 (Ref:2220283)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
Sorry, Peter, but if someone comes on to a public forum seeking a drive and giving out his number, I think we are entitled to have a bit of fun speculating who he is. As you say, he can PM parties if he wishes to remain anonymous. We will surely find out who it is, anyway, if John gets him a drive!

(Edit - PS, However, tel no. now removed as contact now made. The disclosure of personal tel nos and addresses on a public forum is not recommended, and I should have removed it earlier in accordance with FAQs - in that sense, Peter is perfectly correct.)
I know. I wasn't suggesting it was wrong, just pointing out why we couldn't reveal the identity. I knew who it was FWIW. Which is why I didn't remove the phone number.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 08:54 (Ref:2220292)   #19
simon drabble
Veteran

so who is it... presumably its not a state secret who is looking for a drive and if he is good etc.... a name check is probably in his best interest
Old 5 Jun 2008, 09:09 (Ref:2220298)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Can't say for the reasons already given. Perhaps JR can tell you?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 09:14 (Ref:2220300)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

but he is playing golf today and I will have lost interest by tomorrow!!!!
Old 5 Jun 2008, 09:24 (Ref:2220304)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I lost interest yesterday.
Old 5 Jun 2008, 09:25 (Ref:2220305)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

you are ahead of me - but given I walk with a limp that is not hard ;o)
Old 5 Jun 2008, 09:57 (Ref:2220320)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Has he voted on electronic ignition ?
Old 5 Jun 2008, 10:01 (Ref:2220324)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good point (s).