Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 13 Aug 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2939216)   #1
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Simraceway Online.

Has anyone else has been following this? Couldn't find a thread within this sub-forum. I'm cautiously intrigued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualR
The Simraceway title uses Image Space Incorporated’s gMotor 2 engine to create a free to play online racing title that is suited towards organized online competition. As its common with free-to-play online games, some of the title’s base content is completely free while additional content can be bought for a fee.

VirtualR reader SBKRacer has dug up the following content list that also includes the planned prices for the non-free content. The list contains some pretty spectacular stuff, including current F1, Indycar & GT race cars as well as many known tracks including the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

When reading through the list of content, rFactor users will stumble across lots of known cars and track that have either been announced or released for ISI’s simulation. When watching the preview videos below, the familiarity with some of the content grows even further as Ignite Skill is obviously working in co-operation with some of the community’s content creators.

As mentioned in yesterday’s article, Ignite Skill points out all content has been fully licensed, there has been no word on whether or not their content is produced in-house and it seems like the title will use various sources of content that is being used with a proper license.

The initial announcement also included a statement regarded laser-scanned tracks, it remains to be seen whether or not that applies to all tracks in the game. A laser-scanned version of the Nürburgring Nordschleife is something even iRacing has not been able to deliver yet so sim racers shouldn’t get their hopes up too much that this will apply to all tracks.

Even with the limited info we have so far, the concept behind the title is interesting. Looking at the planned prices for the content items, the Simraceway game is aiming for much lower content prices than iRacing, the quality of the content items could differ a lot though if the content is produced by third party developers instead of in-house production that iRacing uses.

Below are three preview videos of the closed beta showing off the Audi R15 LMP1 car, a Mclaren Formula One racer as well as the Mclaren MP4-12 supercar at Zandvoort & Long Beach. Keep in mind that the title is still very much in beta mode so everything seen should be taken with a grain of salt.
http://www.virtualr.net/simraceway-o...info-previews/

Cliff notes:
- New online sim.
- Simraceway (guys responsible for RFC buy out) are involved.
- Ignite Skill Gaming Studios are the parent company/developer.
- $7.5 Million capital acquired (reportedly).
- Pay-to-play model (base version free, additional circuits/vehicles cost available at extra cost).
- Content reportedly licensed, but not all developed in-house.
- All circuits apparently laser-scanned.
- High-profile names (seemingly) involved (Dan Wheldon is associated with this in some capacity, Alan McNish echoed a link to this article via Twitter.
- Recent deal with OEM peripheral supplier Steelseries for 'sim racing hardware.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualR
Proposed content list:

Cars

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 $2.54
Morgan Aero SuperSports $2.08
2010 Morgan 3 Wheeler $0.45
Palatov DP4 Super Go-Kart $0.50
Simraceway 6XJ4 $0.43
Volkswagen GTI $.043
Bentley SuperSport $2.73
McLaren MP4-12C $2.65
Audi R15 Plus $0.43
E92 M3 GT2 $0.43
Ford GT-RM $0.43
Lola B06/10 $0.43h
2009 Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (Type 997) $0.43
Megane Trophy Free
2010 Audi R15 $0.43
McLaren F1 2007 mp4-22 $2.50
Lotus Exige S 240 $0.43
Ariel Atom 500 V8 $ 1.60
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2 Free
2010 Indycar Series $4.95
Lola-Aston Martin B09/60 LMP1 $0.43
Honda HSV: GT500 No price yet

Tracks

Long Beach Free
Longstone Pass Free
Mid-Ohio No price info
Zandvoort No price info
Brno
Brands Hatch
Salzburgring
Watkins Glen
Nordschleife
Goodwood
Indianapolis
Not really sure what to expect from this so far. The community has responded very poorly to some of their past ventures (and their approach to resolving disputes).
Interesting, none the less.

I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Links:
- Content list.
- Beta sign up.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 13 Aug 2011 at 12:17.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2939470)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would be very, bery wary about this.

They are nicking cars and mods from all over the place and the demo's are basically all Rfactor noises.

It's a pay for everything type game, just like simraceway.com was when it tried to dump rfactorcentral.

I would be very wary as some of the claims they are making sound really rather pathetic, 7.5 million budgets etc! Get over yourself guys
Old 14 Aug 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2939491)   #3
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I would be very, bery wary about this.

They are nicking cars and mods from all over the place and the demo's are basically all Rfactor noises.

It's a pay for everything type game, just like simraceway.com was when it tried to dump rfactorcentral.

I would be very wary as some of the claims they are making sound really rather pathetic, 7.5 million budgets etc! Get over yourself guys
This is what I'm thinking. They're making some extremely bold claims for a party with such poor credibility, within a very niche community.

Many people already hold these guys in contempt as a result of the RFC debacle. Their handling of this project will need to be demonstratively superior in every way, if they expect people to take notice.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 14 Aug 2011 at 12:10.
Old 14 Aug 2011, 12:17 (Ref:2939497)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And so far it hasn't been

They are just trying to push this as they know RF2 is coming soon, and they wont be able to touoch that.

Besides if you want to pay for racing, Iracing is the only place to be
Old 31 Aug 2012, 17:11 (Ref:3127973)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Resurrecting this if no-one minds.

Due to the RLM sponsorship in WEC, it got a lot of mentions at Silverstone last week, so I thought I'd try it. I installed it.

It seems I only get one car for free - a very dull Mitsubishi. So far, I've only managed to join and complete one 2 lap race. After 5 seconds of that, suddenly the only other two cars disappeared and were somehow 20 seconds ahead.

Every other race I've tried to join I've either failed to join or been dumped out of before I've started. I tried to join a race 8 times last night together with quite a large number of other drivers only for the server to fail every time.

Has anyone else tried - is it really this pants? Or am I doing something wrong? I know my PC is hardly state of the art any more, but I could host 8-9 drivers on GPL 5-6 years ago without any problem and join races with 15-20 particupants with no problems. And I've significantly upgraded since then.

This seems like complete junk to me.......
Old 1 Sep 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3128143)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Ayes

It's not a bad game if you give it time

It is pretty much free to play, but sadly now, they have made a lot of the races much harder to win credits in.

I tried it about a year ago and it was the same deal, you get a Lancer and you could download a kart for free.

I spent a few days razzing round in the kart getting 5 credits per lap and it soon adds up.

After that you did the odd race in the kart, and the Lancer and waited to se what the next weeks or months races were going to be in.

If you had say 1000 credits you could buy say an F3 car, and a few other machines that would allow you to enter events.

Back then though, you could set a laptime and finish in the top 20 or 30 to win say 10 dollars worth of credits, so once you got going you could continually keep buying new cars, qualifying, getting credits, rolling on like that.

I got to the point when I had about 40 dollars worth of credits, had about 15 cars. All won without paying a penny into the game.

But since then, about 6 months ago they changed it all, now, there are a lot more races, say 20 or so every week that you either hotlpa or race ina nd set an overall time, and you only really get points for podiums, so it is pretty much a domain for aliens and freaks.

Shame, as the old way they were getting a lot of interest, but it wasnt paying!! Why would anyone pay for cars when you could win fairly easily and attain them free?

Hindhaugh and McNish are in with em, as is Franchitti ad they are mainly US based, its basically a mod for Rfactor with substantial changes.

If you give it time and are prepared to drive crap for a bit you can make it work, but its not so easy now
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3129043)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, I might give it another try, but if it keeps dumping me out or leaving me - artificially - 20 seconds behind, I shan't stick with it for long.....
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:31 (Ref:3129047)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Right man, let me know, I can install it pretty quick, if you are around I can help out maybe

You shouldn't be getting issues joining as most servers are first come first served, but you cant queue sadly. If you only have one car its tough.

One thing I will say is this, try getting the SRW guys to help you, they are superb and will not leave you alone until the issue is fixed.

They will take the issue on, treat it as a BETA fault and guide you through, coz it usually helps them with something to.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3129061)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Okey doke, thanks for the advice