Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Aug 2002, 12:53 (Ref:356825)   #1
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ex-F3 star joins F1 team

I know this really belongs in the F1 section of the forum but just in case some of you guys don't venture that way:

Anthony Davidson signed for Minardi today, as Mark Webber's teammate for the Hungarian Grand Prix next weekend. If all goes to plan Anthony will contest the remaining races to the end of the season with the Italian based team.

Anthony has not tested the PS02 and has never been to the Hungoring. His first experience of both will be in first official practice on Friday.

Nice one Ant!
Old 13 Aug 2002, 13:19 (Ref:356848)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am so glad im off work on friday ! Shall be following Ants progress very closley on Sky F1 .

Its going to be very hard for him to go in cold to that team , but lets just hope he can get it qualified and than he will get some mileage under his belt .

Great news !
Old 13 Aug 2002, 13:21 (Ref:356851)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
I don't have sky 1 so keep me posted.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 14:09 (Ref:356883)   #4
Kimi
Rookie

Kimi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah great news! I hope he does really well!!!
Old 13 Aug 2002, 14:29 (Ref:356890)   #5
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally think Davidson is better than Webber. It will of course difficult to beat him, because his has no experience in the Minardi ánd in Hungary, but he will do well. But the official annoucement tells he will race 2 races for Minardi. I expect than Bryan Herta will race in Italy and VS (home grand prix) and that Yoong will drive again in Japan.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 16:21 (Ref:356945)   #6
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too bad that Bryan herta didn't get the drive,i want to see him racing at Spa! Hope anthony does well..
Old 13 Aug 2002, 19:40 (Ref:357117)   #7
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Francesca
I don't have sky 1 so keep me posted.
of course i will , i will come online and let you know how he's getting on in practice.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 21:23 (Ref:357240)   #8
DanFlag
Veteran

Canada
Montréal, Québec, Canada
DanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDanFlag should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good luck to him!
Old 13 Aug 2002, 22:19 (Ref:357296)   #9
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Daisy
I personally think Davidson is better than Webber
I think so too, Daisy. Lets hope he does the biz...
Old 14 Aug 2002, 02:24 (Ref:357416)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if he qualifies we should be worshipping him. i'd not expect him to do anything special, but to keep within a second of webber consistently would make it worth him being there. he can then build on that at spa.

good luck to him, he might just need it...

just a thought, this might prove to be an absolutely dire career move. a couple of none-deity drives and he could be facing the sharp end of the british american racing 'you're fired' letter. mind you, is he ever going to get a drive in f1? maybe it's just worth it to say he's had a go in one..
Old 14 Aug 2002, 03:56 (Ref:357436)   #11
aussie_f3
Racer

Australia
Somewhere between here and there....
aussie_f3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good point Bella - I am sure he is good enough to be there, and to qualify in a car that hasnt done many race miles would speak volumes for his ability - good luck I say - he will no doubt give it his best - who knows, he may do a "Webber" in his first F1 GP!!!!!
Old 14 Aug 2002, 08:35 (Ref:357486)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bella has a good point , but people at least need to have a open mind that he's walking into a new team , new track , and has never even tested for them .
Old 14 Aug 2002, 13:31 (Ref:357697)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
sadly though, the media in general tend to find more of a story in 'next british hope falls flat on his face' than 'next british hope holds his own'. i really hope people do give him time, but in reality, that probably won't happen.
Old 14 Aug 2002, 13:38 (Ref:357704)   #14
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
its a shame the media do that , of course they dont need to over hype someone either , but they do seem to get some enjoyment in putting them down when a driver is in a critical stage of his career .
Old 14 Aug 2002, 14:11 (Ref:357718)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
but would you read a paper if it said 'driver does ok in first race?' they're only responding to demand. they don't do it to put him down because he's in an important stage of his career, they do it because the editor looks at it and sees it's worth column inches. you don't see news stories saying 'everything's ok', so i guess the same goes for racing...

Last edited by bella; 14 Aug 2002 at 14:12.
Old 14 Aug 2002, 14:14 (Ref:357721)   #16
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
I love reading success stories and I hate reading negative articles about drivers but maybe I'm unusual! No comments about me being unusual please!!!
Old 14 Aug 2002, 14:47 (Ref:357739)   #17
bantam
Rookie

bantam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive known anthony since he was a cadet, he was always great fun to watch then and i think he will open a few eyes this weekend. good luck to him
Old 14 Aug 2002, 16:21 (Ref:357787)   #18
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Francesca
I love reading success stories and I hate reading negative articles about drivers
thats pretty much the way i feel as well.

Obviously i want to read the truth , so if there is some negative things to be said then i have to problem reading it , but i dont like a witch hunt ! , and sometimes it seems to me that the media can make or break a driver just by what they decide they want to do . All drivers go through bad patches in their careers , and its these points that i dont like it when some media circles decide to rubbish them .

I hope that they dont rubbish Ant in the same way that Jenson went through .

If a driver is performing badly then its ok to report that in full , but not all the other rubbish they they make up to go with it .

I hope they Just get behind Ant and give him some support .....But not try to make him into a national sporting hero overnight , just give him some good support and report the facts of his racing , not which girl he slept with 3 years ago or something which has nothing to do his performance in a race car.
Old 15 Aug 2002, 17:50 (Ref:358507)   #19
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anthony is a slow starter unfortunately. He is very talented, but always takes a long time to get into the swing, so I hope he can get more than just a couple of races to show his potential.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 15 Aug 2002, 22:46 (Ref:358767)   #20
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry Sato San, no skeletons in Ants cupboard at all...he had no time really racing almost every weekend. Hes a clean living, one girlfriend man, doesn't drink or smoke. Hes never even had a speeding ticket! (don't know how he does that!) Passed his test first time! (boring!) He gets all his kicks outta motorsports.
Old 15 Aug 2002, 22:54 (Ref:358772)   #21
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Congrats to Ant for this. I might have had the odd dig over the years but he's proved me wrong when I said he'd never make it to F1. Well done!
Old 16 Aug 2002, 01:06 (Ref:358810)   #22
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Odd isn't it? Ant doesn't look like the F1 package. He is a very quick (which normally means a very committed, banzai driver) without charisma. I don't mean that in an unkind way, as I know him well and I love him more than a crate of Stella, but he doesn't have any charisma whatsoever, nor any distinguishing features. No Valentino Rossi this guy. If Ant makes it, it's on talent alone, and I for one, will be really happy for that. The Button "media-friendly" approach really irritates me, although I know that's the line we all have to take nowadays unfortunately . If Ant can make it on ability alone, then that's the way it should be, and hats off to Ant and to his managers for that.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 16 Aug 2002, 08:19 (Ref:358879)   #23
av8rirl
Veteran

Ireland
Ireland
av8rirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jinxx: You just described TGF!!! Quick, no charisma. Hope AD is even half as successful.
Old 16 Aug 2002, 08:32 (Ref:358891)   #24
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
Don't worry Sato San, no skeletons in Ants cupboard
thats good then Rennen , lets just hope the media give him their support then .
Old 16 Aug 2002, 09:21 (Ref:358917)   #25
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Jinxx
I love him more than a crate of Stella
Blimey!!

Good luck to Ant today hope he does well! would be intresting if he out qualified Webber that would really put the cat among the pigeons