Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jul 2000, 14:56 (Ref:21137)   #1
pablo
Rookie

United States
Tulsa, OK, USA
pablo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday was a great day of racing. Congrats to France for the win over Italy.

I just wanted to ask; Who says you can't pass in Formula 1?

DC passed 2 of the best 4 cars on the track not to mention the pole-sitter. His "appropriate" gesture should have come on the start when TGF blocked on the start. Wasn't TGF complaining about drivers blocking just a few weeks ago. Oh well, I think DC is on track for serious contention for the WDC.
Old 3 Jul 2000, 17:06 (Ref:21149)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
revilatlized I believe is the word...DC is definetly out to win the championship...and i think he just may do it if Ron doesnt get in his way...this may sound cruel but I think after his plane crash he has realized that he has a second chance and is out to enjoy life to the fullest and claim his stake in motorsport history.

GO DC !!
Old 3 Jul 2000, 18:58 (Ref:21188)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a race. Too bad that MS retired. I was curious to see if he had anything for the Macs after being passed. Great result for DC and Mac!
Old 3 Jul 2000, 23:35 (Ref:21250)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Who says you can't pass in Formula 1? "
-There was a bit of overtaking, but it wasn't really that exciting...where were the battles? Where was the passing and repassing? It was simply a case of follow the car in front and then out brake them into a tight hairpin... Maybe it is just that i had been spoilt over the weekend with some of theracing i saw out at the track, and some of you folk are a bit deprived of some good action, but that wasn't really enough to get this fan going...

Besides, as we all know TGF had a problem and his engine was probably coming in a bit, even at that stage, and the 2 most consistantly fast cars won the race...

Ok, i'll go and have a groan about something else
Old 4 Jul 2000, 20:03 (Ref:21482)   #5
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No overtaking... OK, it does happen occasionally, but when was the last time a car which had been overtaken properly retook a place? ie, not during pitstops or when the overtaker ran wide.

Old 4 Jul 2000, 20:11 (Ref:21485)   #6
wodonnell
Racer

wodonnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops. Should have read the whole post properly first. What I types ended up virtually the same as what Crash Test just said. Sorry. Tried to delete but silly system said I wasn't logged on. The it said my 5 minutes were up. Grrr.