Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Nov 2002, 13:13 (Ref:437155)   #1
a_r_c_a
Racer

a_r_c_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lister new driver star

Phil Andrews, the successful F3000, Euroboss and Sportscar driver, will be "working with the Lister team, initially with testing of both the new LMP 900 for the Le Mans 24 hour race in 2003, and the FIA GT Lister Storm. Andrews who became the Lister top man!!
Old 26 Nov 2002, 13:20 (Ref:437164)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hes never been anythig other than a rentadriver I wish they would get Bailey and Lees back.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 13:20 (Ref:437165)   #3
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Laurence will call Justin Laws into the team. He was impressed with laws performance at Spa this year.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 13:25 (Ref:437172)   #4
a_r_c_a
Racer

YOU DIE FOR PEARCE PHILOSOPHY? Dreams are made winding through his mind.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 13:39 (Ref:437185)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ghinzani
Hes never been anythig other than a rentadriver I wish they would get Bailey and Lees back.

Geoff Lees? Great driver in his time - should have won at Le Mans for Toyota in '93 and might have done if Yojiro Terada's Lotus hadn't stuffed the back of the TS010 when driven by Fangio. But I'm afraid Geoff's great days are long behind him.

Julian Bailey? Perhaps the luckiest driver ever to get a seat in F1? On talent he would never have been there. I think his crowning glory came at Le Mans in 1989 in the Nissan! Vastly over-rated.

Phil Andrews? To be honest, its a name I haven't heard for ages and ages. I remember watching him in British F3 where he was competent, if not a likely champion.

But the fact remains that Andrews is probably no worse than Bailey (for sure) and Lees (probably). There are a lot of better drivers out there.

(As always, this is very much my opinion - feel free to disagree!).

Last edited by Aysedasi; 26 Nov 2002 at 13:39.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 13:42 (Ref:437187)   #6
a_r_c_a
Racer

Na na na na..

What is love, cos baby I don't know?? Phil Andrews is an international star driver, Andrews is probably no worse than Jamie Campbell-Walter. Tell me what have I gotta do to prove you my idea?
Old 26 Nov 2002, 13:49 (Ref:437193)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by a_r_c_a
Na na na na..

What is love, cos baby I don't know?? Phil Andrews is an international star driver, Andrews is probably no worse than Jamie Campbell-Walter. Tell me what have I gotta do to prove you my idea?

Sorry - did you say probably no worse than JC-W?
Old 26 Nov 2002, 13:55 (Ref:437202)   #8
a_r_c_a
Racer

Yes, I no afraid of my words. Andrews is, Supernatural maybe!!
Old 26 Nov 2002, 14:07 (Ref:437212)   #9
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Sorry - did you say probably no worse than JC-W?
Yes, it is a shame Lister can't afford any decent drivers, good thing they have Nick Jumper
Old 26 Nov 2002, 15:16 (Ref:437260)   #10
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de AragĂ³n
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a_r_c_a, Phil Andrews isn´t a star driver, trust me. You can see his F3000 career in www.f3000.free-online.co.uk/index.html
Old 26 Nov 2002, 16:29 (Ref:437295)   #11
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Laurence Pearce gave a beautifull Xtmas gift to Phil Andrews. It is a big shame Lister can't afford any decent drivers, I thought Peter Kox or Tom Coronel could run for Lister in 2003. I was wrong...
Old 26 Nov 2002, 17:00 (Ref:437331)   #12
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrews was shed in about 3 seasons of F3, awful in F3000 over many years, he then had the good grace to dissapear for a while and then came back as what he should have been in the first place - a gentleman racer... he was then mediocre in Touring Cars in a Production class Focus, and has'nt really shone against the old boys of Formula Boss - to say he is of the same level as Bailey (Festival winner and F3000 race winner) and Lees (where do I start? F2 and Jap F2 Champ, lost talent in F1, Can-am and Jap Sportscar/Grand Champion standout etc etc etc) is a little bit of an untruth... Phils bought his ride and good luck to him. Isnt his dad David Andrews who was in charge of Lucas at one point (hence the never ending supply of money)?? Have to point out hes always seemed a nice bloke though, I ran into him in the paddock once in 1987 and he seemed a fine bloke. But not a F1 driver, which Lees and Bailey deservedly were.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 18:18 (Ref:437387)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
But not a F1 driver, which Lees and Bailey deservedly were.

Well, I feel like an argument (whoops - I mean a debate!).

I'll give you Lees, because he did have talent, no doubt about that. But Bailey - no way. I watched the guy in both F3 (where he was frankly out of his depth) and in F3000 where he lucked into a race win (at Brands wasn't it - I was there!). The guy never made it further because he should never have been in F1 in the first place. To take out John Nielsen in the opening few minutes of Le Mans - ending his race on the spot - well, that really takes a fine driver, I suppose.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but I can't let you get away with that one!!
Old 26 Nov 2002, 19:01 (Ref:437417)   #14
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Do you want me to bring round my Festival tape so you can watch him fluke the 82 Festival?? ;-)
Old 26 Nov 2002, 19:34 (Ref:437439)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMO Lister some of the Lister drivers next season that pay for the drives - The new LMP900 project will not have come cheap and how many Lister Storms do you see around..............
Old 26 Nov 2002, 21:29 (Ref:437504)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Do you want me to bring round my Festival tape so you can watch him fluke the 82 Festival?? ;-)

Very good.

Formula Ford is a long way removed from F1 and a top drive in anything. I mean, if Eddie Irvine can sustain an F1 career for so long, I guess it proves very little. The best F1 driver there ever was couldn't even be bothered to stay in England at the end of the season to take part in it.

....... but I rspect your opinion and your right to hold it!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 26 Nov 2002 at 21:30.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 23:15 (Ref:437583)   #17
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ERM.....JC'W is a good driver. He's probably one of the best GTS class drivers around today. He single handedly kept the #14 lister in the title hunt all season. He could pull away from a class field, get back into the car and still win a race! The 550 was the class of the field (eventually) this season and the only driver who constantly came close to them was Jamie. and you say Lister can't afford a good driver, truth is, they can't afford another good driver. If only Coronel or Bailey could get funding.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 23:21 (Ref:437586)   #18
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pink69
ERM.....JC'W is a good driver.
I think nobody seriously said he wasn't.
Quote:
...truth is, they can't afford another good driver.
How do you rate Bobby Verdon-Roe?
Old 26 Nov 2002, 23:27 (Ref:437588)   #19
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Besides JC-W Lister had this year another Very good driver ... Bobby Verdon-Roe.

Is there anyone that followed Bobby's and JC-W's carrers in TVR Tuscans? ... i wonder how do you rate BVR against JCW.

And YES Andrews father is/was Mr. Lucas Automotive
Old 27 Nov 2002, 09:53 (Ref:437756)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I guess I hold my hands up and bow to those with greater knowledge than I when it comes to JC-W and Andrews. I'm not prepared to be so gracious regarding Mr. Bailey though. And don't get me wrong, if they put him in the car at Le Mans and he drives his s off, I shall be the first to praise him.
Old 27 Nov 2002, 20:07 (Ref:438189)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that Lister should try and get Ian McKeller Jr into the car.........
Old 27 Nov 2002, 20:17 (Ref:438199)   #22
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I think that Lister should try and get Ian McKeller Jr into the car.........
For the prototype, I believe this is actually the plan (or at least it was).
Old 27 Nov 2002, 20:26 (Ref:438207)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
For the prototype, I believe this is actually the plan (or at least it was).
Maybe thats why he drove the Dome for Uncle Hugh this year to get some experience...........
Old 27 Nov 2002, 23:01 (Ref:438330)   #24
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BVR and Mckellar Jr that would be a top team .... and had JCW for Le Mans.
Old 28 Nov 2002, 10:23 (Ref:438517)   #25
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BVR and Mckellar Jr are both top-drivers but they didn't prove their skills in the end of season races (Donington and Estoril FIA-GT events).