Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Apr 2000, 09:12 (Ref:30)   #1
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Isn't it just pathetic that everyone in the field believes they are dominant in the rain. All the quotes before the british grand prix would lead you to believe that the race will be more exciting if it rains! This is a load of ****! Anyone who knows anything about formula 1 knows that MS is the only skilled one in the rain. If we see rain at silverstone its just going to be a MS domination, that's why Im hoping for a dry race. As for Rubens, I especially hope for his sake that it does not rain, because its just going to make him look more inferior to MS. However i must admit it will be nice to see who gets second best in wet conditions. My bet is fisichella.
Old 20 Apr 2000, 14:29 (Ref:31)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
neutral said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Anyone who knows anything about formula 1 knows that MS is the only skilled one in the rain.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I know a little bit about formula one and I think Michael Schumacher is not the only skilled one in the rain.
As a matter of fact, I rate Jean Alesi higher when it comes to driving in the wet.
As for Rubens, he's actually praying for rain on Sunday. He's as good as the next one in wet conditions.
Others who are good in the rain are Jos Verstappen and Mika Salo.
Old 20 Apr 2000, 16:01 (Ref:32)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with Gerard ! Rubens is as skilled as his mate TGF, when it comes to rain.
And Alesi is another one too. While the two
Mcs must stay in the hotel...
Old 20 Apr 2000, 20:07 (Ref:33)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget Ralfie! I think he has proved that he has the touch in the wet.
Old 20 Apr 2000, 22:06 (Ref:34)   #5
Rated R
Rookie

Rated R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
neutral, you don't seem to be very neutral on this one !
Well, I do believe Schuey is the best of the current drivers on wet unless there is an-about-to-be-lapped DC in front of him . Anyway, I just can't envision Barichello beating Michael on wet...it's kind of one of those things you know won't happen. But then maybe it's just my lack of imagination
Peace
Old 20 Apr 2000, 22:17 (Ref:35)   #6
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher and Alesi is the best in the rain, no doubt IMO. Anf I really hope for a wet GP this weekend for Alesi and Schumacher to shine in.
Old 20 Apr 2000, 22:50 (Ref:36)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That German Fellow the only skilled one in the rain?

Well he is pretty good, but Jean Alesi and Rubino seem to be equally skilled. And David Coulthard has had a number of good runs in the wet too. Remember that pass on Micheal Schumacher in 1998 at Silverstone. Brilliant!

Schumacher is probably the best wet whether driver, but there are many others not far behind. Plus, even the best rain driver in the world would have trouble in the standing water that can build up in Becketts.
Old 20 Apr 2000, 23:38 (Ref:37)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If i may, i would like to take this opportunity yo mis-quote Jay:
"Remember that pass on Micheal Schumacher in 1998 at Spa. Brilliant!"

Old 20 Apr 2000, 23:46 (Ref:38)   #9
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As apposed to Michaels attempt at passing DC at Spa in '98!!
Old 21 Apr 2000, 01:01 (Ref:39)   #10
Madfan
Rookie

Madfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.1 Alesi No.2 MS!
Old 21 Apr 2000, 04:20 (Ref:40)   #11
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The point is not that Alesi might be better than Schumacher in the rain but how exciting Silverstone is going to be. Do you all really expect Alesi to win if it rains? The most likely scenario is that Schumacher will dominate as neutral said leaving the others to fight for second place. Rain might be a leveller of cars but enough for a Prost to beat a Ferrari? I don't think so.
Old 21 Apr 2000, 09:12 (Ref:41)   #12
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alesi is THE king of the wet, without question.

Others good in the wet are MS, Ralf, Salo, Diniz, Frentzen and Barrichello.

And Gene, of course....

Old 21 Apr 2000, 21:39 (Ref:42)   #13
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

MS...rainmaster indeed! Did you hear his comments after Friday's practice? What's happened to him? And at Silverstone no-less! C'mon MS say it isn't so!
Old 21 Apr 2000, 22:02 (Ref:43)   #14
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From Aurosport:
"Michael Schumacher found conditions so bad that he wanted the safety car to
come out"
-BLAH?! IN practice?? That's the stupidist thing i have ever heard.....Ah, suggestion, if in future practice sessions you cant cope with the conditions, go into the pits!!

Michael, your fantastic....but man...well....thats just silly...
Old 21 Apr 2000, 22:44 (Ref:44)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to wonder if Micheal is losing his desire to race with all of his recent complaints about safety.

But, then Senna made similar comments after witnessing Martin Donnelly's crash at Jerez in 1990.
Old 22 Apr 2000, 03:58 (Ref:45)   #16
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Schumacher lost his desire to race so much that he won the last three races.

Old 22 Apr 2000, 12:08 (Ref:46)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
LOL .....Well he hasn't dpme a terrible amount of racing...ok a little at San Marino and into the first corners at the other races....apart from that he has only been "driving", not "racing" as such....

Old 22 Apr 2000, 13:12 (Ref:47)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope you are all noting which Ferrari was driving like a bat today ... and for all of you making mock of Rubens' driving and saying only TGF can drive in the rain - well it is not Mr. Call-the-safety-car (which is probably stuck in the mud anyway) who is on pole position ... or second, or third, or fourth ... NO HE IS SHARING THE THIRD ROW WITH THE BUTTON BABY!

And just for the record, I thought Alesi drove a storming qualifying in that evil car and deserves a lot more respect than most of y'all give him.

P.S. Jarno, come to my office please and we will discuss the difference between the piste and the gravel.
Old 22 Apr 2000, 14:15 (Ref:48)   #19
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'll give Alesi credit,

Way to go Jean on your great run so far this year.

Should have reitred!
Old 22 Apr 2000, 22:24 (Ref:49)   #20
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Rubinho and HHF gave you a clear answer neutral.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 05:04 (Ref:50)   #21
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when it rains today the podium will be:

1 M Schummi
2 Rubinho
3 Jos the Boss!!

Mika H. will spin taking David with him.
Old 28 Nov 2000, 08:34 (Ref:50138)   #22
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Alesi had a reallt jerky driving style. How could this work in the wet?
Old 28 Nov 2000, 13:11 (Ref:50154)   #23
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have the dates on my PC been had by the Millenium bug or am i seeing things?????????????

Langers!!!! ....anyways as far as Alesi goes, Mclaren mechanics were raving about his car-control in Monaco, at the Goodwood fest says F1Racing.Its great to hear the "truth" from people in the actual pit-lane
Old 28 Nov 2000, 13:43 (Ref:50155)   #24
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Langers, if you ask that, you don't know Alesi!
If it rains he is at least equally to MS...just think of some concrete races! Those who can't remember any don't know Formula-1. Alesi has a jerky style when it's dry, but one of the cleanest and most sensible styles I've ever seen on a wet track! The fact that Alesi loves oversteering under dry conditions and less under wet conditions is one cause for it. Nevertheless there may exist some other good rain-drivers. Jos Verstappen is one, Rubens Barrichello and Marc Gene are others. Don't forget Luca Badoer! But it's a fact that Alesi drove more or less on the same lap-times as MS under slippery conditions(see Hakka's error) at Spa 2000!
And don't forget the difference between the two bolids!
I think I've told enough, but anyway I thank you as a member of the "Jean Alesi Fans Club" in Italy that so many of you see his real power!
Old 28 Nov 2000, 15:54 (Ref:50169)   #25
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
among the current drivers, i think that in wet conditions, Michael Schumacher, Jean Alesi, Rubens and a couple of others (ralf and Jos) [all in order of merit] are definetly better than the others.

For Michael, just look at Spain 1996, Spa 1998, Canada 2000, Nurburgring 2000. Japan 2000 is in greasy conditions which he also excels.

Jean is excellent in the wets, simply breathtaking...but due to the poor performance of his car, he either cant shine enough, or pushes too hard (like France 99)...
but look at all the potential in Spa 2000!~

Rubens? Nurburgring 1999,2000, Germany 2000...but inconsistent at times...Ralf did a great job in Nurburgring 1999, but also inconsistent.

But David also put in a couple of inspiring performances in the wet...