Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 Sep 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3135242)   #1
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Too many GP's?

Hi all,

I wanted to make a poll, but can't for the life of me work out how to make one on here......

Anyway, last weekend i missed a live GP for the first time in a long while. And it was out of choice.

I went away for the weekend. In the planning stages, i had tried to work it around the calender but due to other people's commitments etc, it became clear that the only way we could sort something out would be if i jumped on the grenade and missed the race.

It played on my mind, i thought it would be awful, knowing that a race was going on and i WASN'T watching it. However, i come away from the weekend as a changed man. I managed to get home and watch the race that evening, but blow me down, i had a decent Sunday!

The calender is so congested now that for the committed fan, you have to surrender so many weekends that you miss out on real-life.

16-18 rounds was fine. 20 is too many.

I think Bernie is in danger of doing 'a NASCAR' and having so many rounds that people won't mind about missing a round or 2, thus weakening the product significantly.