Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 Dec 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3344277)   #1
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Privateer LMP1 Teams?

With the new rules out for 2014 and beyond in LMP1, there seems to be perhaps a bit of an effort on the ACO's part, to open the door to privateer teams again, rather than totally relying on Audi to put on the show.

Not being so technical, I am not sure as to whether these rules will bring P1 teams out of the woodwork to compete? Does anyone who knows a bit more than me about these things, understand whether the rules would allow any privateer team to be in the same race as Audi, Toyota and Porsche, or it is always going to be the best of the rest situation?

I would assume the ACO is looking at current P2 teams to perhaps pick up the baton and try and run in the higher class? In which case, what is it going to cost a privateer team to run in the WEC series, using a normal aspirated, non hybrid set up, any ideas people?